Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

squadleader

Old October 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I uploaded and installed latest Herolab v3.5 and has failed to compile my custom feats, one character class, and one prestige class.
The error is:
Syntax error in 'evalrule' script for thing 'cHelpDrS' (EvalRule #1') on line 3 non-existent panel 'dragdisc' used by script

I do know all the custom files of the character, presitige and feats were working before the update. I am confused where to look to correct the error.
Looking for any one who can assist on tracking down the problem.
Thank you for your time.
Mike
squadleader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
If it's called cHelpXXX, I'm betting it's a class. The dragdisc panel was for dragon disciple, so you must have had a script on your class that was doing something to the dragon disciple class, or getting some information from it.

If you can get to the editor, look at that class's eval rules, and tell me what line 3 said, then I can help you fix it. If not, you can open the .user file it's stored in, find the cHelpDrS thing, and then scroll down to the eval rules, and look it up that way.

Last edited by Mathias; October 16th, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
The "dragdisc" panel used to be the panel for the Dragon Disciple class, but that panel no longer exists since the changes we made. Sorry to have broken your custom class - we didn't realise that any custom class stuff was using the panel ids like that.

Happily, the fix to your class is very simple - instead of using:

Code:
panelvalid[dragdisc] = 0
Simply do this:

Code:
linkvalid = 0
The "linkvalid" command automatically finds the panel behind the class, without having to know its unique id. Simply replace all references to the class panel with it and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote