Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pooptickler

Old January 26th, 2019, 11:28 AM
I'm looking at the Swarm Monger archetype for Druid right now.
It seems fun, and silly that your animal companion explodes into a small mound of awfulness.
But there's no option in "in-play" to turn it into a swarm.
Is it missing, or am I misreading the archetype?
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Actually, checking the archetype page, it does look like it's missing half of its gimmick.

>As a standard action, a swarm monger can cause her familiar to burst forth into a full swarm of identical creatures, filling four contiguous 5-foot squares and gaining temporary hit points equal to half its master’s maximum hit points. While in swarm form, the familiar loses the improved evasion, share spells, deliver touch attack, and scry on familiar special abilities. It uses its normal AC, saving throws, and skill bonuses, and it gains the swarm subtype and the ability to make swarm attacks (dealing 1d6 points of damage at 1st level and using the swarm monger’s druid level as the swarm’s Hit Dice to determine damage increases as per the swarm subtype). The swarm monger is immune to her own familiar’s swarm attack.

You can't turn it into a swarm, and the HP stays at 1d8, instead of following the Druid's level.
Pooptickler is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Two things: If you think you have found a bug REPORT IT. Second If you are going to quote/reference rules please provide source book/pg information. Those of us who may look into the issue are not going to go for a wild goose chase to track stuff down given the 1000+ Paizo PDFs that I have knowing which one you are complaining about isn't easy.
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Two things: If you think you have found a bug REPORT IT. Second If you are going to quote/reference rules please provide source book/pg information. Those of us who may look into the issue are not going to go for a wild goose chase to track stuff down given the 1000+ Paizo PDFs that I have knowing which one you are complaining about isn't easy.
I meant to ask if this was a bug, and I should have linked to the archetype itself. My bad. I'm filing the report now.
Pooptickler is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
I meant to ask if this was a bug, and I should have linked to the archetype itself. My bad. I'm filing the report now.
Most people link to D20, lets do everyone a favor and not do that. D20 often has to change names/text to avoid copyright issues. Referencing a source book is fairly easy and avoids those issues. IE Chest of Defending Campaign Setting - Lost Treasures pg 12
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Most people link to D20, lets do everyone a favor and not do that. D20 often has to change names/text to avoid copyright issues. Referencing a source book is fairly easy and avoids those issues. IE Chest of Defending Campaign Setting - Lost Treasures pg 12
Not the SRD?
Pooptickler is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Not the SRD?
the official PRD is http://aonprd.com/ but few people link to it, and its still not as good as book/page for referencing stuff.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old January 26th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Alright, I'll try and do that from now on, thanks for the help.

On the side, do you think the Mauler Archetype would stack with this?
Pooptickler is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 26th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Alright, I'll try and do that from now on, thanks for the help.

On the side, do you think the Mauler Archetype would stack with this?
FYI for those wondering its in Player Companion - Blood of the Beast pg 21.
Off hand I would say they can stack, but I probably wouldnt let the swarm and mauler stuff be active at the same time.
Minous is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 28th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Within Hero Lab, search for the phrase from the feat, archetype, spell, power, trait, magic item, whatever...

That will get you the actual name of the ability, rather than the renamed version that d20pfsrd uses, if the content is closed and not available for use on a site with banner ads.
Ualaa is offline   #10 Reply With Quote