Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bombaatu

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Right now the roller doesn't support fate dice. Are there plans to implement this?
bombaatu is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Aren't fate dice just d3-2, giving -1, 0, or 1, or was that one of the other special dice that I'm remembering?
Mathias is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 15th, 2014, 06:27 PM
That's correct. Rolling 4D3-8 will give you the same result as FATE dice.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
bombaatu

Old April 16th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Yeah, that could work. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!
bombaatu is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
radgnome

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:08 PM
I'm finding that I'm frustrated with the output I get from HL for FATE Core. The character sheets don't suit me (very large text, etc), and the stat block output doesn't have an option to include detailed entries (like the notes for custom stunts, etc).

I tried playing around with the custom output, only to discover that the custom output only seems to be a big XML list of skills -- stunts, aspects, and other stuff doesn't seem to have made it in there.

Is that on the roadmap? Are there ways I'm not seeing to export a more complete description of a character?

-rg
radgnome is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:44 PM
So, I hate to be the guy always asking for more stuff, but I just dove into the (very awesome) Atomic Robo game. One of the optional rules from the System Toolkit is implemented there that changes the way Skills are bought, a rule called "Modes." I would love to be able to implement Modes (and make Atomic Robo characters) in Fate somehow.

James Dawsey

Vigilance Press at DriveThruRPG.com

The Vigilance Press Podcast

My Art on Deviant Art
Shadowchaser is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
AlHazred

Old August 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I'm trying to implement Organizations for Very Large Monster-oriented games (per this awesome supplement Mark Diaz Truman wrote as part of the Kickstarter deliverables).

The issue I'm having with Organizations' Accelerated-style approaches. I've edited the Approaches to the ones in the article, and I put in a user script to limit them to one at +3, one at +2, two at +1, one at +0, and one at -1. However, when I use the campaign file, it populates the "+0" track with all of the Approaches and won't let me drag any down to the "-1" track. Is there some way to start all Approaches at the "-1" level?

Also, and it's not critical, I deleted all Aspects beyond "High Concept" and "Trouble" (in keeping with the article), but the fields still show up when I make a new character using the file; I have to delete them by hand. Is there some way to keep them from being added in the first place? That one isn't critical.
Attached Files
File Type: email FateCoreOrganizations.user (4.1 KB, 3 views)
AlHazred is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
bombaatu

Old August 26th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I saw above that someone recommended a Skill Modes option for Atomic Robo; I heartily concur.

Another thing I would love to see is the ability to do two-column FAE (as is done in Pathfinder Fate Accelerated. Also, an option to have skill 'points'; ie you have X number of +1's to distribute however you like (as is done in the above-mentioned Pathfinder hack and the Abilities column).
bombaatu is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Territan

Old September 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Is there a way to make an Aspect optional? My game offers players an optional Aspect, which Hero Lab needs to see filled.
Territan is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Screetch1979

Old November 6th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but:
i've implemented a new stress track and i didn't find a way to add its consequences.
HL allow only mental or phisical consequences.
Screetch1979 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote