Old August 26th, 2017, 05:28 AM
Just tagging this to keep an eye out for official answers later
tstetz is offline   #51
Parody

Old August 26th, 2017, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Haha! Please don't panic.
We're on a forum on the Internet. There's always room for panic! ;)

But seriously, when you're looking at something over which you have no control, keeping expectations low and being pleasantly surprised if they're exceeded isn't necessarily a bad choice.

Parody is offline   #52
drakahn99

Old August 27th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
My ask is how is this going to affect the Authoring Kit and creation of new datasets?
this is my question. also are you going to support the desktop app with new datasets and game systems?
drakahn99 is offline   #53
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 27th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka View Post
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
^_^ Yay! Another Freefall fan.
Duggan is offline   #54
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
We're on a forum on the Internet. There's always room for panic! ;)
*smirk* fair point.

A quick update! I just finished a nearly 2000 word FAQ for everyone, but it's 2am where I live and I have to be awake at 7am, so I'll be posting it some time tomorrow after a quick edit. I apologize for the delay, I wanted to get everyone info asap but the virus I acquired at the con really slowed down my processing speeds.

If you're looking for somewhat unofficial answers you can stop by my personal Facebook page and read up on the crazy Hero Lab Online questions thread. Just mind your manners if you decide to chime in. That's my personal page, not affiliated with LWD.

Last edited by BJ; August 28th, 2017 at 11:23 PM.
BJ is offline   #55
karpomatic

Old August 29th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
*smirk* fair point.

A quick update! I just finished a nearly 2000 word FAQ for everyone, but it's 2am where I live and I have to be awake at 7am, so I'll be posting it some time tomorrow after a quick edit. I apologize for the delay, I wanted to get everyone info asap but the virus I acquired at the con really slowed down my processing speeds.

If you're looking for somewhat unofficial answers you can stop by my personal Facebook page and read up on the crazy Hero Lab Online questions thread. Just mind your manners if you decide to chime in. That's my personal page, not affiliated with LWD.
How about a link to your page?

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #56
NeoEvaX

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpomatic View Post
How about a link to your page?
Found it: https://www.facebook.com/bj.hensley.1
NeoEvaX is offline   #57
FatherThomas

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekwych View Post
Sorry, I have no use for an online product. If I can't use HL as a program with it and my data on the hard drive I will have to find some other program. And I really don't want to find another program.
I agree, I do not like the idea that I have to pay for the content and then pay rent or loose access.
FatherThomas is offline   #58
Ghostwheel

Old August 29th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I've spent a... let's just say, considerable amount of money on Hero Lab so far, having bought dozens of different packages. However, I'm rather allergic to subscription fees.

Would WLD be willing to have a lifetime buy-in, allowing those of us who are heavily invested to just pay once and not have to worry about future payments, even if the price is exorbitantly high compared to the monthly subscription price?

I, for one, would love to have such an option so my allergy doesn't flare up constantly.
Ghostwheel is offline   #59
gcpeart

Old August 29th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Assuming the FAQ on Facebook is canonical (as it is the marketing director one hopes so) there is a lot there that is just not cool.

Lack of offline play is a death knell for me. Virtually every con I've been, and most stores don't provide WIFI, and at least in the case of cons have poor to no cell receptions for tethering. The whole point of hero lab on my tablet / PC is I can show up with a stable of characters and pick the right one. But with online only as a requirement I'm just not going to touch it.
gcpeart is offline   #60
Closed Thread