Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Exmortis

Old December 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
No idea if this is an actual 64 bit RW issue or not, but since it became an issue after I updated here goes.

I have been working with a tablet and RW for some offline. Since I was intending only working off this system (an SP4) cloud sync after each session was not important. But when the new version came I downloaded and stuck it on a USB stick to install on this system. Continued to work and test the new build, and didn't run into any issue that were not already there (highlight a word for color or bold and it randomly applies that change to random text in the topic being one I have had since day 1).

So, move ahead and It was time to sync my realm. This is where the problem began, I am unable to complete the sync. I have to delete server data in lieu of this SP4 realm sync, my fault made a change on my desktop RW install and sync'd it(duh), but I was aware of this. But it gets about 2/3rds or 3/4s along the sync status bar and errors our with network error.

I have sync'd on the SP4 on an enterprise network, fails same way.
I have then tried on a Rogers Cable internet on same SP4, fails same way.
I have used my G7 over LTE Hotspot and fails same at on SP4.

So I backed up my realm, imported on my desktop RW install, and it fails sync same way.

I am pretty sure it is not a network error, I doubt my Enterprise, Rogers, LTE and Bell DSL all have exactly the same issue.

Has anyone recently had to delete cloud data and sync up local data recently? this is not the first time I have done this, but I have not done it in sometime, and it worked fine before.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 20th, 2018, 04:44 AM
If you delete a realm from the cloud you can't sync. The realm is gone. I'm not sure what you were doing in the past but it wasn't that.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 21st, 2018, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
If you delete a realm from the cloud you can't sync. The realm is gone. I'm not sure what you were doing in the past but it wasn't that.
When you have a cloud realm that does not match your local realm, you are presented with the option to delete the cloud server version, and take the local data, or delete the local data and accept the cloud server data.

I am choosing to delete the cloud data and sync (keep) my local data. The device has been working offline for some time, but along the way with out thinking I remembered a change I wanted to make and did it on my desktop and sync'd it. My fault, but when I realized what I did, I knew this option would pop up, and was prepared, I made the change on the SP4 so it would be all good when the time came to sync.

This caused a mismatch, as it should. So the option appears for me to make a choice, keep the local or keep the server.

I am choosing to keep the local, but it fails sync no matter what system or what ISP I use.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 21st, 2018, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
When you have a cloud realm that does not match your local realm, you are presented with the option to delete the cloud server version, and take the local data, or delete the local data and accept the cloud server data.
Uhm.. this is where kbs666 is getting confused. I don't have the screen in front of me, but I am pretty sure the wording for the options does not include "delete the cloud data". I am pretty sure both options talk about which to keep, meaning the other is overwritten.

I say this because the word DELETE is used carefully due to "deleting the could data" (i.e., deleting the entire Realm) is a one-time permanent change.

I think that's where the confusion here is coming from.

Obviously, I could be wrong if the wording actually is "delete the cloud data", but I am pretty sure it is phrased as which to keep.
Silveras is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 30th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Uhm.. this is where kbs666 is getting confused. I don't have the screen in front of me, but I am pretty sure the wording for the options does not include "delete the cloud data". I am pretty sure both options talk about which to keep, meaning the other is overwritten.

I say this because the word DELETE is used carefully due to "deleting the could data" (i.e., deleting the entire Realm) is a one-time permanent change.

I think that's where the confusion here is coming from.

Obviously, I could be wrong if the wording actually is "delete the cloud data", but I am pretty sure it is phrased as which to keep.
The actual wording is "Discard". doesn't change it won't sync once I have chosen to "Discard the server data and keep the local data".

However since I am back from family visits and travels I have just updated the client to the latest build and will see if it works.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 31st, 2018, 03:24 AM
if the GUID was removed from the server, you are probably out of luck without some kind of intervention from LWD staff. It won't matter what version of the client you have.
Viking2054 is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 2nd, 2019, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
if the GUID was removed from the server, you are probably out of luck without some kind of intervention from LWD staff. It won't matter what version of the client you have.
well it still shows up every time I look at my realms, it has not gone away.

Newer version did not solve it. So I will submit a bug report.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:33 AM
Right now, on the machine where you have the latest copy of your realm:
1. Backup the database.
2. Do a full export of your realm.
3. Import the realm into a new realm to make sure it's a good export.

Worst case scenario:
1. You now have a backup-realm in case anything happens.
2. You have the export to fall back on if anything else goes wrong.

Still open the case with LWD and seek their help, but do these other things as well. Backup, backup, backup!
EightBitz is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 2nd, 2019, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Right now, on the machine where you have the latest copy of your realm:
1. Backup the database.
2. Do a full export of your realm.
3. Import the realm into a new realm to make sure it's a good export.

Worst case scenario:
1. You now have a backup-realm in case anything happens.
2. You have the export to fall back on if anything else goes wrong.

Still open the case with LWD and seek their help, but do these other things as well. Backup, backup, backup!
I have a back up, but have not exported the realm and tried to import, not a bad idea. Will try that tonight.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 2nd, 2019, 08:22 AM
Circling back on this topic. I had an "index out of bounds" error during the holidays so I reverted to a known good backup, reinstalled an older version and pressed on. Now that we're in the new year (and I have a solid backup) I've updated to the most recent. No problems encountered (knock on faux wood).
AEIOU is offline   #50 Reply With Quote