Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 9th, 2017, 11:55 PM
Unhappy news. The Beta team has reported that we still have some problems that need to be figured out. So we will NOT be releasing anything on Tuesday. We'll instead be focusing our energies on getting to the bottom of the remaining issues and putting suitable fixes into place.

I'll provide another update late on Tuesday regarding the prognosis for a Wednesday release. Fingers and toes are crossed. But not my eyes, since I need to see what I'm doing on the screen.
rob is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old January 10th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Take your time to make it nice and neat.
eponette is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Strategon

Old January 10th, 2017, 08:30 AM
It seems like you guys are "flying by the seat of your pants"; I know how development can be (been in it for 15 years). It's probably better not to give timelines until you are ready to meet them, you lose credibility when you keep setting dates and not delivering.

I love the product and definitely appreciate the work going into it so don't flame me too hard for my comments. That being said, if you are beta testing right up to a release, it's probably better to give yourself another week+ to be thorough so you don't rush it and have to keep changing your communications to the community.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly wouldn't mind waiting for another few weeks if that meant your team deploying a build that they are 100% confident in.
Strategon is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Ajax

Old January 10th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Why not just say, we are shooting for sometime in 2018, that way if you actually get it out in 2017 you can say wow we got that out ahead of schedule. Love the products don't get me wrong, but I talked quite a bit with LW staff at Gen Con last year in August and they were sure the Content market would be out in October, from there on it was one delay after another. Sorry about the rant but I am really looking forward to a fully functioning Custom Content and Commercial Content Market...
Ajax is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 10th, 2017, 11:55 AM
With all due respect, that was not very helpful or insightful
Bidmaron is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 10th, 2017, 12:12 PM
It's a lose-lose situation. If they say 2018 you tick off half the users. If they say October then December then January then next week you tick off the other half. 100% confidence that nothing will break for a release? No matter what LWD does, a segment of the userbase will not be happy.

I totally understand the feeling that we're being strung along with excuses because quite frankly, we are. But because of the communication, we know progress is happening, we know the beta team is shielding us from most of the potential issues and we recognize the excuses are absolutely legitimate. I personally am in the group that would rather see more honest, timely, informative communication and am really happy to see the "when it's ready" or "in 2018 or so" that we've been getting for the last several years may be ending. Let's not go backwards again, please.
AEIOU is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old January 10th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Wasn't the content market supposed to go live this week? Is that going to be bumped also so that that goes live a different week than the update?

Sure seems like a long road to get to the content market.
gaffneyks is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 10th, 2017, 03:22 PM
No, the CM was supposed to go live later in the process. The release this week was supposed to be the first major step to the CM giving us export/import and some supporting features.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 10th, 2017, 03:35 PM
CM will be heavily reliant on the features we are testing.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 10th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Wow, seems like some of you guys need to take a major chill pill... (my old age is showing, I know).

Rob's been in the hospital and is still recovering, so I don't think a month or two setback on Realm Works is unreasonable. He's been real nice to us by letting us know what's going on, and so has BJ. If it doesn't happen this week, just relax and remember to breathe... after all, LWD can't see you go blue in the face from your tantrum of held breath.

LWD is doing it's best to get the new version of RW into our hands, with as few bugs as possible.
Viking2054 is offline   #60 Reply With Quote