Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kturock

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I searched and didn't find anything about how to use Hero Lab for NE characters. I used to use MetaCreator, but it isn't around anymore.

Any help?
kturock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM
If I remember right, it's in the pipeline - I think zarlor finished it and it's in CapeCrusaders hands being checked over. At least I believe that what's up with it. CapCrusader has been busy with his job plus the update for Savage Worlds and several other files that are in the pipeline. So it should be coming soon. I do believe.
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Actually all you really need for Necessary Evil is to buy the Super Powers Companion add-on for Hero Lab. Almost everything you need is right there. In fact the data file I sent to Caped just assumes the Companion version of Powers is the most up to date. I didn't even bother to make sure that in those few cases where there was a difference that I would enter something specific for NE, I just left it with the SPC version. In a way that's what I've done with all of my data files, essentially letting the core Deluxe version of rules take a certain amount of precedent. That's also true of the Evernight file I've sent in for review as well since I've basically converted it to Deluxe for all intents and purposes (also in review and not out just yet.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
NE gives a 'free edge' of super powers, not available in SPC. With the Super Karma edge, a character can start with 20 power points. Creating super karma as a custom major edge, gives the hindrance, but not the extra PP.
If you add the extra free edge of super powers, as per the setting, you cna't advance the character since there's a 'mistake' in edge being over spent.

I haven't used or read SPC since it was 1st released, but have used NE.

I've played with it awhile tonight.. is there any way around that?

Last edited by kturock; August 20th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
kturock is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2013, 03:22 AM
I'll take a look at it later and see if I figured something out for that, but I may have just missed that stuff in the little file I sent in. I'll let you know.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:34 AM
thanks.
kturock is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
Ok, so for the Free Edge part, I just created a Setting Adjustment and put a "1" on the Maximum Edges field to give the 1 free edge. It is presumed the player will use it for AB: Super Powers but the book allows for it to be used elsewhere, so it's just a free Edge that can be used however the player likes.

I don't see that I have anything for Super Karma, though.. hmm...

The only other things I have put in it were 2 Ranged Weapons (Hvy. Sniper Rifle and the M2-Herokiller), the Setting Adjustment mentioned above, ammuntion for 3 types of Herokiller bullets and Teflon Arrows, 3 types of armor (Modified Fin Combat Armor, Personal Combat Armor and the Z-Belt), a Mechanic to set starting cash to $1,000, 4 special weapons, the Mechanical Genius Edge, 3 pieces of Equipment, 9 Vehicles, 3 Races (for Atlanteans and the hybrids) and 1 Racial Ability (Telepathy). I believe everything else is covered in the SPC.

Super Karma is supposed to be handled on the Character Configuration screen under the "Super Powers Companion Settings" there is a subset of "Genre Conventions" and "Super Karma" should be selected there. That should cover it. But if that doesn't work you should probably post a bug report here about it so one of the Lone Wolf folk can address that.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
I should probably add, that just like other data files I've submitted, if you want a copy of the pre-release, un-reviewed, totally unofficial version of either the Necessary Evil or Evernight files just let me know in a PM. For NE, though, you NEED to have the Super Powers Companion add-on for Hero Lab.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mindseye

Old August 24th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Super Karma is selectable as a genre convention, but it only gives 5 Super Power points. This works fine in a standard game, But if you use the Heavy Hitters or Major Leaguer's option, it is supposed to scale with the Super Power Point Edge. Other than that it's looking really good guys.
Mindseye is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindseye View Post
Super Karma is selectable as a genre convention, but it only gives 5 Super Power points. This works fine in a standard game, But if you use the Heavy Hitters or Major Leaguer's option, it is supposed to scale with the Super Power Point Edge. Other than that it's looking really good guys.
Does that mean those other options are not stacking up? It didn't really test any of that mainly because it's part of the SPC, not the little Necessary Evil file I did. We'd have to make sure to point out to Lone Wolf any issues with the SPC.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote