Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

insaneurge

Old December 23rd, 2017, 12:47 PM
Is there any way to remove iterative attacks and remove and replace saving throws in the editor?
insaneurge is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 24th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneurge View Post
Is there any way to remove iterative attacks
Yes. You can apply the Helper.NatPrimary tag to a weapon to remove the iterative attacks. This may cause unintended interaction with some scripts found in the community set which may produce weird results.

Quote:
and remove and replace saving throws in the editor?
No. You cannot remove or even rename saving throws, but you can modify the bonuses.

If you really want to make changes like this, you might be better off using the Authoring Kit.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
insaneurge

Old December 24th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Thank you for the response. I will play around with removing iterative attacks. For the second part of my question, how would i go about changing the Saving Throw bonus in the editor from the default progression?

I toyed with the idea of building a system from scratch but someone suggested if I was working on a 3.5 variant system I should try the editor.
insaneurge is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 26th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Thank you for the response. I will play around with removing iterative attacks. For the second part of my question, how would i go about changing the Saving Throw bonus in the editor from the default progression?

I toyed with the idea of building a system from scratch but someone suggested if I was working on a 3.5 variant system I should try the editor.
Here's a quick script I used with an adjustment to apply the Helper.NatPrimary to your non-natural weapons:

First/10000
Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "!Helper.Nat?"
  perform eachpick.assign[Helper.NatPrimary]
nexteach
To alter the saving throws, I recommend also using adjustments (or if you want something more permanent you can use a condition...they are made in the same place in the editor: General --> Adjustment).

Altering the saving throw progression is far more complicated, but you can apply bonuses to your saving throw to get the desired result.

You'll need to set up a script to figure out how many class levels you have for each type of save progression. Something like this:

Code:
var refgd as number
var fortgd as number
var willgd as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "c?.Good"
  refgd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
  fortgd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
  willgd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
nexteach
Then repeat, but replace "gd" with "pr" and "Good" with "Poor". This should give you the number of class levels your character has for each type of save progression. From there, you'll need to figure out the math so you can make the proper adjustments to the following fields:

Code:
hero.child[vRef].field[Bonus].value
hero.child[vFort].field[Bonus].value
hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value
Note that I haven't tried out this code yet, so I'm not sure what the timing needs to be. You might have to play around with it, but Post-Levels seems like a logical starting point.

Alternatively, you can do the math manually, and use the Saving Throw Adjustments to change your saves until they are correct.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
insaneurge

Old December 30th, 2017, 06:34 AM
I am running the script and it tests it and allows me to use the class the script is assigned to and then gives the following message.

Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement.

var refbd as number
var fortbd as number
var willbd as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "c?.Bad"
refbd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
fortbd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
willbd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
nexteach

hero.child[svRef].field[Bonus].value/=3
hero.child[svFort].field[Bonus].value/=3
hero.child[svWill].field[Bonus].value/=3
insaneurge is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 30th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote:
I am running the script and it tests it and allows me to use the class the script is assigned to and then gives the following message.

Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement.

var refbd as number
var fortbd as number
var willbd as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "c?.Bad"
refbd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
fortbd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
willbd += eachpick.field[tLevel].value
nexteach

hero.child[svRef].field[Bonus].value/=3
hero.child[svFort].field[Bonus].value/=3
hero.child[svWill].field[Bonus].value/=3
Are you running this in d20 or Pathfinder? svRef, svFort, and svWill are used in Pathfinder, but in d20 you have to remove the s at the beginning.

I checked the foreach, and it looks like you can't use the ? in this case. Sorry about that. Easy enough fix though, just change it to:

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "cFort.Poor | cWill.Poor | cRef.Poor"
The | stands for "or".

Also, you'll need to change tLevel to cTotalLev when setting the variables.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
insaneurge

Old December 30th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Hey Sendric, sorry I was working in 3.5 when I posted but I ended up deciding to convert my files through pathfinder instead. I ended up accomplishing what i wanted a different way by simply assigning a penalty to each save at 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter.
insaneurge is offline   #7 Reply With Quote