Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

thateffendude

Old February 22nd, 2018, 03:44 PM
What is the easiest way to mix parts of multiple settings?
For example, we are about to start a savage worlds game and the guy running the game came up with a unique setting. He borrowed the spellcasting from hellfrost and the black powder from 50 fathoms. Plus he generated his own content. I can add all the settings and preclude EVERYTHING in the editor, but that seems silly. And when I add stuff from the other settings exactly as they are, it complains about duplicates. So I copy them and rename them but there is alot and copy and rename is a pain in the butt.

Please help.

Also, he is using the no power points of hellfrost but created an arcane background that does use power points. Is there a way I can do both?

Lastly, can I remove the display of the casting modifier from spells in the no power points displays?
thateffendude is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:28 AM
So, to be clear, it sounds like you're working with purchased packages? If so, you may have to go to the Savage Worlds forum as this one is for using the Authoring Kit to muck with the source code, which probably isn't available for purchased packages.

I can partially help, though. The reason why adding the items directly isn't working is that those data files are already loaded, whether you're using them or not. So you really are re-adding them.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thateffendude

Old March 5th, 2018, 08:01 AM
So, neither of the packages I am working with are purchased. There is Hellfrost, which someone on the forums did a custom HL for and 50 fathoms which is available for download once you buy the savage worlds base package.

I guess I thought the authoring kit was the same as the editor, my bad.
thateffendude is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Ah. Well, Savage Worlds does run via the Authoring Kit, so I might still be able to help, if the source was provided, although I'll admit I'm not really a user of the Savage Worlds system, so it will be more or less as an outsider.

Just to be clear, the only part of 50 Fathoms being used is "black powder"? And only the spellcasting in Hellfrost?
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thateffendude

Old March 7th, 2018, 12:12 PM
So, is the authoring kit free? Could I use the authoring kit to do this myself?
thateffendude is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2018, 12:37 PM
If you've purchased Savage Worlds, that means what you actually purchased was the authoring kit, which includes examples of two systems built with the authoring kit; Savage Worlds and D&D 4e.

I highly recommend moving this question to the Savage Worlds forum itself. You're asking a question about how to implement and combine things created within Savage Worlds, not asking a question about how to build them from scratch yourself.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote