Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
EdSteiner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 733

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:54 PM
No, due to the fact models may have different weapon classes, it will not alter the At profile, as if you had it do that it might look like the model had an extra attack but if another model took a great weapon it would not only show the extra attack for the extra weapon but then also show the higher strength for the Great Weapon, so we have chosen to only show the basic stat line and force the user to track which model has what.

Comments? on how we addressed this issue
EdSteiner is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
EdwardQ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 29

Old April 16th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Can you treat each Maneater as separate sub entry? They would have to select each Maneater and put the items on them separately. Example would be 40k Tau Crisis suits.
EdwardQ is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 733

Old April 16th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Well that would still leave issue such a the unit wide armor upgrade application hard to make work, as well as the raw cost for command upgrades
EdSteiner is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
irishfarmer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1

Old July 26th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Golgfag does not appear in the list for OK to accompany his maneaters.
irishfarmer is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Jusebert
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3

Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:39 PM
dOUBLE pOST

Last edited by Jusebert; October 2nd, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Jusebert is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Jusebert
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3

Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
To start with can we make it so that if you have "x" models in a unit of Maneaters, and you choose "x" of any combination of Extra Hand Weapon, Brace of the Ogre Pistols, or Ogre Pistol, that the extra attack be included in the profile like this (At: 4/5) ?
Jusebert is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 733

Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusebert View Post
To start with can we make it so that if you have "x" models in a unit of Maneaters, and you choose "x" of any combination of Extra Hand Weapon, Brace of the Ogre Pistols, or Ogre Pistol, that the extra attack be included in the profile like this (At: 4/5) ?
The system cannot generate that type of result. I agree that would be a better way, but since you have a single stat line for the trooper, the system cannot then count the weapons beyond the choices of 1 per, it then could not say ok I have 4 guys and they all took xhw so at a +1 to the At stat line. However, I will pass it along to the program creators "Lone Wolf", IE not me to see if they have an alternate method to calc as you suggest.
EdSteiner is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
naloth
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 56

Old October 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
The system cannot generate that type of result. I agree that would be a better way, but since you have a single stat line for the trooper, the system cannot then count the weapons beyond the choices of 1 per, it then could not say ok I have 4 guys and they all took xhw so at a +1 to the At stat line. However, I will pass it along to the program creators "Lone Wolf", IE not me to see if they have an alternate method to calc as you suggest.
I've been pondering this and there is an alternate way to do it. I'm just not sure how much effort it would talk. A lot of 40k units allow each member to be customized differently so the 40k builders allowed you to add lines as well as increase the individual quantity on a given line. So for a command squad, you buy one stat line of one person, choose the gear for that person, then you can add another line (person) to choose different gear, and also then increase the quantity per line to say have 2 of each.

Another approach would be throwing an asterisk to denote that there are other rules that come into play and but otherwise keeping one generic stat line. That might just help to remember that you have a pistol on some models for +1A.
naloth is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 733

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
I've been pondering this and there is an alternate way to do it. I'm just not sure how much effort it would talk. A lot of 40k units allow each member to be customized differently so the 40k builders allowed you to add lines as well as increase the individual quantity on a given line. So for a command squad, you buy one stat line of one person, choose the gear for that person, then you can add another line (person) to choose different gear, and also then increase the quantity per line to say have 2 of each.

Another approach would be throwing an asterisk to denote that there are other rules that come into play and but otherwise keeping one generic stat line. That might just help to remember that you have a pistol on some models for +1A.
Will review 40K for ideas and code logic.
EdSteiner is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
naloth
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 56

Old October 29th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
Will review 40K for ideas and code logic.
Great. I misspoke though. It was the Honor Guard under Space Marines that has this feature for so that the different CC options would be reflected in their file not the Command Squad.
naloth is offline   #130 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.