Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Darkholme

Old January 30th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I dont know if this was ever considered, but has the possibility of group licenses been brought forward before?

Basically the way I'd see it working would be like this:

GM Buys a license for a game (at a slightly higher price, maybe an extra 10$). He has full support, and full options, as now. He also gets a number of player licenses (explained below), maybe also 10.

So now those players can download HL, and install it without buying a separate license, and they enter his account # or something, and a player password.

They're entitled to make a single character and save/edit it. That character is registered with you guys (name/ID). So the GM can have his (max 10) players make characters, and it doesn't cost extra, and it's extra utility for the GM. The players can't make a new character unless the GM de-registers the old one from his account online (in which case the player wouldn't be able to open that character anymore, and would have to make a new one with the account number and player password).

Maybe this model has been proposed before, but I'm just thinking, that as a GM, it's an option I'd go for. fork over another 10$, and I can let my players build characters with it. Then when the campaign is over, I could revoke their access, and give it to my players in the next group. If they want to be able to make multiple characters or use the editor or be able to open other characters they'd need a full license, but if not, I as GM can still go digital and have all the advantages of having my players use HL.

~Darkholme.
Darkholme is offline   #1 Reply With Quote