Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Doubletap

Old September 25th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Hello,

Forgive me if this was asked and answered elsewhere, but I wanted to make sure I got the most current and definitive answer to it.

With Pathfinder beta-testing a new version, what are the plans for Herolab supporting the current version? I have a campaign in play now that will likely run for a while and have no desire to try and convert Pathfinder 2.0 while it runs.

Will Lone Wolf planning to support both versions going forward, at least for the foreseeable future?

Thanks.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 25th, 2018, 07:10 AM
I wondered the same thing late in September. And the developers were kind enough to provide with information on their progress with HL. They posted a very detailed thread about it. HL isn't going anywhere for a long time.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61062

(While this post does focus on HLO, there is some good info regarding the future of HLC)

Last edited by Krothos; September 25th, 2018 at 07:16 AM.
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old September 29th, 2018, 09:06 PM
yes, but Pathfinder 2.0 will not be coming to HLC in the foreseeable future. It, like Starfinder will be HLO only, unless some independent devs come forward and make a HLC ruleset.
vardeman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 30th, 2018, 09:09 AM
At some point, there won't be any new official content for Pathfinder. I'd imagine, any errata (probably sparse, as most was balancing for Pathfinder Society -- which wouldn't be around for the classic P1 content) would see updates.

But with or without new content, I cannot imagine Lone Wolf choosing to discontinue support for the classic version of HL.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 30th, 2018, 04:47 PM
As a long time HL user I will note that 99% of content is supported, there are a few things that HL doesn't handle well, (automatic DR or resistances), but no program is going to be 100%. Yes there are a couple bugs, any large scale program with HL's complexity and rule-sets is going to have that. However LW has proven over time to delver their content, It may not always be at the speed we want, or the order we want, but it does get done. With the PF2 Playtest and the symbiosis that occurs between the two groups I dont doubt it is placing far more stress than LW wanted or can easily handle. As a result is is impacting other game systems. Give LW some time and things will get done. Also note that not all problems can be solved by throwing money/people at it. The HL scripting environment is one of the most complex, poorly documented systems I have seen. So throwing people/money at this will not have an immediate fix. Given time I suspect that LW will grow, and the load that they are dealing with will balance out and things will go back to normal.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote