Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Yes, I am saying that the other ones I listed probably should list the expanded options. ^_^ Reminder that Visual costs double and all that.

Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a way to fix that in 2E and not mess up everyone who's come before...
Presuming it was vetted to make sure such an expanded list isn't accidentally applied to an "exception" to the "Visual costs double" rule.....all it should do is trigger a "flag" warning that one needs to make a selection. How would that "mess up" a character?

Now, if someone wants to fudge (cheat) and not charge themselves the extra cost OR the GM has a House Rule saying that the "Vis costs 2x" Rule isn't in effect....then they simply select the option that doesn't factor in that cost multiplier.

Nigel Fogg aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old August 19th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Another little bug to be fixed (luckily an easy one) many super-senses options, like counter illusion or counter concealment, are listed as unique, which doesn't make much sense since you must buy the once for each sense type.
Woodclaw is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 30th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Yes, I am saying that the other ones I listed probably should list the expanded options. ^_^ Reminder that Visual costs double and all that.

Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a way to fix that in 2E and not mess up everyone who's come before...
I should be able to fix this by adding new options - the existing ones will still work fine, you'll just need to go back and select the new ones if you want to use them.

Thanks for the other bug reports in this topic, I'll get them fixed.
Colen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Had this in a separate thread but thought it a good idea to put it in the v3.99 (beta) feedback.

I compared what the printed Play Aid Sheet says for the Helpless condition with the 31 Aug 2007 Errata from Green Ronin.

Currently the Player Aid Sheet says:

Helpless: +4 to be attacked in melee, no dodge bonus, -9/-5 to Defense.

I'll leave the question to each GM out there of whether or not the additional +4 bonus applies when an "adjacent" melee attacker uses a melee attack that has Extended Reach.

However, my reading of the Errata tells me that there isn't a distinction between if the incoming attack is ranged or melee. It's just a straight -5 to the "base 10" of DEF.

Therefore, I believe it should read:

Helpless: No dodge bonus, -5 to Defense and an additional -4 to DEF from adjacent melee attacks.

Additionally, I went to the Adjust Tab and clicked upon the Helpless condition and it simply removed all the additional bonus I had purchased for DEF on the Abilities Tab instead of just the Dodge Bonus.

As stated above, to be in accordance with the Green Ronin Errata it should also subtract 5 from the base DEF value of 10.

Only mentioning this to help ensure it doesn't get lost in the weeds with the preparations for Gen Con and the enthusiasm for M&M 3rd Edition.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Just a reminder.

I still think the wording on the Player Aid Sheet should be fixed. The wording on the Adjust Tab is great.

However, when I make a character that buys +3 to his DEF from the Abilities Tab and 3 ranks of the Character Feat: Dodge Focus and look at the Breakdown I see that the 'HELPLESS' condition still isn't being calculated correctly.

His normal DEF 16 comes from the formula: 10 (base) + 2 (of the 3 he bought on the Abilities Tab) + 4 (3 from Dodge Focus and 1 from the 3 he bought on the Abilities Tab (since half, rounded down, of what is bought on the Abilities Tab is considered a dodge bonus)). So, per the Green Ronin Errata cited above, his helpless DEF should be 7 from the formula: 10 (base) - 5 (Helpless) + 2 (of the 3 he bought on the Abilities Tab) [greyed out] +4 Dodge not counted

Am I right and this can be fixed? Am I right but this is just too hard to code? Am I wrong because I've overlooked a more recent errata?

All of the above is in regards to 2E, of course, which is what is being used in the games that I am a player....and we just had a the helpless situation come up last game which is what reminded me of this open issue.

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; March 2nd, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #24 Reply With Quote