Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jaynay27

Old February 7th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleperchn View Post
I just want the software now so that I can start entering information. I probably wouldn't actually be using it for gm'ing until Jan, 2015 at the earliest. And I'm in a dual-Master's program, so that's also assuming that I delay starting that second degree...
Yep - Us early access'ers had the same problem then EA was delayed. We started out Rise of the Runelords campaign in May/June and I desperately wanted access to begin data entry/prep work for that campaign, but in the end the delay killed me using it for the first part of our campaign. Still haven't really caught up but hopefully our next campaign will be fully supported by RW from the start.

It kills using OneNote, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
$250 was not easy for me to come up with at the time and within the time frame of the Kickstarter. It would have been MUCH easier to sock away a few bucks a week over the next six months. But I chose to give up a few things with the idea that I was getting a reward for taking that chance. If it turns out I could've gotten those things then and still gotten the lifetime cloud for the same price later I'm honestly gonna be a little upset. Flaming, rip-roaring mad? Nope, far from it. But it'll leave a bad taste.
I know how you feel, It was hard for me too as I don't typically have that sort of cash lying around spare (having 3 kids is expensive!).
$250 is a LOT of money to lay down, but I am betting it pays off in the longer term.
Jaynay27 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old February 7th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Oh and as an aside - just checking out the FAQ at the bottom of the KS page, point 26 specifically states:
26. As an Alpha Wolf Backer, what does it mean to get “top tier cloud service for the life of your account”?
As an Alpha Wolf Backer, you will receive the highest tier of cloud service available and this will be available to you for free for the life of your account. There will be no on-going, monthly cost to utilize the Realm Works cloud, so you'll realize all the advantages it provides to you and your players without any costs. This is a Kickstarter-only perk, as we have no plans to allow the purchase of lifetime cloud support in any other way. It is a unique opportunity available only to Backers, and is similar to a “lifetime subscription”. You're essentially pre-paying at one price to help get the Kickstarter funded now, after which you won't have to pay for the cloud service again.

The “free for life” cloud service is account-specific. If you close or delete your Realm Works account, the perk would expire and could not be associated with a different account at a later time. This option also cannot be transferred to others once it is established.
Having said that, I personally (as an Alpha Wolf backer) don't have a problem with LWD offering it after release, but potentially other backers might have a problem with it. Given this statement though it should probably NOT be priced below the $250 that Alpha Wolves had to come up with during the KS campaign.

I guess we all just have to wait and see what LWD offer when firm pricing options are announced.

Peace.

Last edited by Jaynay27; February 8th, 2014 at 12:12 AM.
Jaynay27 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old February 8th, 2014, 07:15 AM
I know I'm interested in a lifetime membership as well. Not having used the product, I don't have a concept of what "reasonable" would be yet, but yes, I'm interested. I'm pretty sure that $100 would be an automatic "yes" and >$300 would be an automatic "no", but I'm not sure beyond that.
JackOfAllGames is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old February 8th, 2014, 09:04 AM
My guess if it DOES happen it will be in the $250-$300+ range. That way it will not upset the people that have already done the Lifetime for the Kickstarter and keep the financial bargain in the range for wanting/needing a lifetime sub option.
Nikmal is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 8th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynay27 View Post
Oh and as an aside - just checking out the FAQ at the bottom of the KS page, point 26 specifically states:
26. As an Alpha Wolf Backer, what does it mean to get “top tier cloud service for the life of your account”?
As an Alpha Wolf Backer, you will receive the highest tier of cloud service available and this will be available to you for free for the life of your account. There will be no on-going, monthly cost to utilize the Realm Works cloud, so you'll realize all the advantages it provides to you and your players without any costs. This is a Kickstarter-only perk, as we have no plans to allow the purchase of lifetime cloud support in any other way. It is a unique opportunity available only to Backers, and is similar to a “lifetime subscription”. You're essentially pre-paying at one price to help get the Kickstarter funded now, after which you won't have to pay for the cloud service again.

The “free for life” cloud service is account-specific. If you close or delete your Realm Works account, the perk would expire and could not be associated with a different account at a later time. This option also cannot be transferred to others once it is established.
Thanks, Jaynay! I knew I remembered reading something like that, just couldn't recall where. That's what makes it a "reward" rather than simply a paid service.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Dracarius

Old February 10th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I'd be up for a lifetime membership.
Dracarius is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old February 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM
now that it's nearly a year on since my initial pledge, I'd certainly be interested in upping my second (arctic wolf) account to the alpha wolf level.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 11th, 2014, 02:04 PM
There is certainly something to consider:

Due to the delays in the planned release (all with good reason as it has been explained elsewhere) perhaps LWD could consider offering KS backers an option to 'upgrade' to the level of the lifetime data subscription.

Even if it was not at the same cost level, I would certainly be interested.
Grey Mage is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old February 12th, 2014, 05:58 PM
They've done so twice already. I don't know if that may make them more or less likely to allow it again.
enrious is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
dachda

Old February 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I'd be interested for a reasonable price.
dachda is offline   #30 Reply With Quote