Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Woodclaw

Old November 10th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Since the new update grew closer and closer I noticed a glitch in the cap system of Perception range and General Area powers.

As far as I know, these two kind of powers should be caped at the PL, ignoring any possible trade-off or attack bonus. With the current version of the datafiles there is some kind of weird interaction, especially with Touch range General Area effects.

I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that this is because of the priority of the Range control respect to the priority for Area control.
Woodclaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I just tried creating a Blast area perception range power, and it correctly gave me an error when I tried to raise the rank over the power level. Can you give me an example of a power that seems to be acting incorrectly?
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old November 11th, 2009, 04:04 AM
The problem came with NPCs, the system use the highest value between the Percepetion/Area power as the character new PL, if the character is subject to a tradeoff this set the whole thing off balance.

For Example:

I made a PL10 character with Melee Attack +12 and Melee Damage +8, since it's PL10 I should be able to add a +10 General Area/Perception effect without modifing the PL. But with the current version if I add even a single rank of Perceptio/General Area the system immediatly set everything to PL12.
Woodclaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old November 15th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Ok, I've made a couple test run with the new upgrade and the problem is still there. When I build an NPC the system used the trade-off Attack bonus to calculate the power level.

For example the following character should be PL7, not 9

Woodclaw is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
I made a PL10 character with Melee Attack +12 and Melee Damage +8, since it's PL10 I should be able to add a +10 General Area/Perception effect without modifing the PL. But with the current version if I add even a single rank of Perceptio/General Area the system immediatly set everything to PL12.
Ah, I assume this is only happening with NPCs, then? That's an important distinction I'll investigate this for the next update.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote