Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Redjack

Old February 27th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I added D&D today to my HL. I quickly found a few issues.

I have a character that has a magic item with a special feature and some history notes. There are no fields attached to magic items to accommodate this currently. Does anyone know if a bug report has been submitted to address this or if it is a pending enhancement?

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 27th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Journal tab is where you keep "notes" about your character including "magic" items.

We don't know what has been reported or not to LW through the bug reporting software. Its one of the downsides of it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old February 28th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Thanks, I am aware of the journal but would prefer to list with details with the item rather than elsewhere on the character sheet.

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Elindor

Old February 29th, 2016, 03:13 AM
The 5e system was split off from the Pathfinder system a while back, and that doesn't have the capability to add custom descriptive text to individual items from within the portfolio. I'm not convinced that it would actually bring a lot to the software, however, but my opinion and a few dollars will get you the hot beverage of your choice at a nearby cafe.

Until such time as the feature is added, the simplest way to address this would be to create a .user file for custom magic items, and copy the items you need, adding your own descriptive text to the new magic item. This can then be added to the character as if it were a normal magic item, and is one of the simplest ways to leverage the editor for creating your own stuff.
Elindor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 29th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elindor View Post
The 5e system was split off from the Pathfinder system a while back, and that doesn't have the capability to add custom descriptive text to individual items from within the portfolio. I'm not convinced that it would actually bring a lot to the software, however, but my opinion and a few dollars will get you the hot beverage of your choice at a nearby cafe.

Until such time as the feature is added, the simplest way to address this would be to create a .user file for custom magic items, and copy the items you need, adding your own descriptive text to the new magic item. This can then be added to the character as if it were a normal magic item, and is one of the simplest ways to leverage the editor for creating your own stuff.
Stuff like this is often solved by the community actually. For Pathfinder in the Basic Pack you will find an adjustment that lets you put up to 150 characters of text onto any gear item.

I could take a look and see if I can easily port that over to the 5e Pack...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote