Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Bidmaron

Old July 20th, 2014, 10:33 AM
OK, your most recent patches have created problems, and it makes me want an ability to revert to a previous version. Either you guys need to do better QA'ing your releases or give us the ability to revert to a prior release.

Request: Request the ability to revert to a given prior release version of the software.
Bidmaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 21st, 2014, 01:21 AM
If you're worried about it, keep the old installers.

Parody is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 21st, 2014, 01:21 AM
Uhm, can't you just use an older installer and restore an auto-backup of your realm? (No Warranties) - I don't synch and never had to do it myself.

New version is just a tad slower. Will be fixed soon.

Agreeing with the QA, especially if the new features are just for the betas

Another recommendation - you are not forced to update, just work offline for some days after an update untill the dust has settled
Acenoid is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old July 25th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Keeping the old installers is a fabulous idea. Sometimes it's the simple things....

Trouble with not upgrading (I don't mind the offline part) is sometimes the upgrades are to fix bugs that you need fixed. So you install only to find something else.

This has actually not happened very much, so maybe it's not such a big deal. It just caught me at a bad moment.

Overall, they've been great on the upgrades, and very responsive. The old installer trick can handle the rare problem. Guess I'd withdraw the feature request if I could at this point, but doesn't look possible.
Bidmaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote