Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nikmal

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hey Mowgli,
Have you been able to overcome the single caster limit? For instance have a wizard sorcerer gestalt class... or Cleric/Alchemist. There has been a limit on this type before that was not able to over come yet? but by setting them up as an Archtype this might work
Nikmal is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
There's still only one set of spellcasting fields in each class. Altering those with an archetype won't add a new set of fields.
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
That leads me to another question as well - two of my players are using spell-less archetypes (Skirmisher Ranger and Holy Light Paladin) combined in a Gestalt with casting classes (Cleric and Sorcerer respectively).

Will I be able to work these as archetypes? Possibly by adding the abilities of the Ranger/Paladin archetypes to an archetype for the casting classes?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
You'd have to add the class that doesn't have spellcasting as the archetype to the class that does have spellcasting. Disabling spellcasting with an archetype only turns off a single on/off switch in spellcasting - it doesn't remove any information about what spells that class can cast, or how many they cast per day.
Mathias is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM
So make my Sorcerer/Holy Light Paladin a Sorcerer archetype? Cool - I think that will make it a little easier anyway.

Also, not sure if you missed my previous question regarding 'hero.tagunique[abCategory.BbnTot?]' (just a couple of posts back).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM
After a brief hiatus to work on other projects, I'm back to work on my Barbarian/Summoner gestalt class, and have a question and a snag.

Question:

In the Expr-reqs for the Beast/Chaos/etc. totems there's a req reading

'hero.tagunique[abCategory.BbnTot?] <=" and either "@ispick" (for Lesser) or "1" (for regular or greater). It's the validation check to make sure you're not choosing more than one Rage Totem; my class is not a Barbarian class, though, it's a Summoner archetype. Will there be an equivalent for my new class, or will the current req work?

Snag:

Working on the Liquid Courage rage power. I've got everything copied over and the ability is selectable for my new class. It puts the counter for the number of drinks on the in-play tab, but it won't let me add drinks - clicking on it does nothing.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 18th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Snag:

Working on the Liquid Courage rage power. I've got everything copied over and the ability is selectable for my new class. It puts the counter for the number of drinks on the in-play tab, but it won't let me add drinks - clicking on it does nothing.
Figured this one out. Had to add a version of abBbnDrink for my new class.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
OK, almost finished with my second Gestalt archetype. This one's an Inquisitor/Fighter gestalt, and has overall been much easier than the Summoner/Barbarian.

However, there's one hiccup (that I've found so far). I managed to make the Weapon Trainings selectable, and at the correct levels, by making new (secondary) abilities usable by my new class. But the bonuses don't increase as levels are added. The first one becomes available at 5th level, the second at 9th, but at ninth level the first one chosen is still listed at +1, and the second at +0.

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing here? It's probably something very simple . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
It looks like it has something to do with 'cFtrWepSum' but I can't find that in the editor. Can anybody tell me what tab it'll be under? And what I might need to do with it? Or if I'm even on the right track?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Got everything for my Inquisitor/Rogue Gestalt class except for the Advanced Rogue Tricks. I can get them to show up, but even after my character has gotten to the appropriate level they remain grayed out.

I'm building the class as an archetype of the Inquisitor class. For my Barbarian/Summoner Gestalt (Summoner Archetype) getting the higher level Rage Powers to be 'selectable' was a matter of changing 'Barbarian' in the Expr-reqs (#levelcount[Barbarian] >= 10) to 'Summoner', since that is the base class for this.

But doing the same - changing 'Rogue' to 'Inquisitor' in the Expr-reqs for the Advanced Tricks - doesn't fix the problem for this class.

Help?!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #20 Reply With Quote