Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

THX472

Old August 5th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Thru the editor, I've added a new GearType tag to an equipment thing, and I've created a new seperator thing and added the new tag to it.
It appears that the new tag defaults to an order attribute of 0, since the GearType group is defined with sequence="explicit".

I'm asking because I noticed that my new seperator shows up in the gear window, but the equipment thing I've applied the new tag to doesn't appear under it. So, I figure it's a sort thing.

Is there anyway to give the new tag an order attribute? Or, to "append" to the GearType group? (I tried using a tags.aug file to do this, but got an error).

Or maybe there is a script or something I could use?

Thanks
THX472 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Hmmm... This one is a bit tricky. The ordering is in a file called tags.1st, and isn't accessible from the editor. For GearType, the order definition starts at about line 138. If you want to add it, take a look and see if it makes sense to you. If you want help, let me know.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
THX472

Old August 7th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah, it makes sense to me, I was just hoping I could "append" to the GearType group without making changes to one of the core files.

I guess I could define a new GearType with a slightly different name and new ids in a tags.aug file, but then I think I need to define a new sortset to sort by the new group, but then I think I have to create a new tab to replace the regular gear tab in order to use the new sortset.
THX472 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:26 AM
Hey Crusader, where would one find the tags.1st file? I need to add two new Edge categories and would like them ordered.

Thx
tatteredking is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:18 AM
It's in the source folder, but I think you'd have to compile your own savage world to use new categories, as if you just add them to that and put them in the data folder you'll get errors with duplicates. I tried adding a bunch of categories to weapons and ran into this.

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
OK Thanks Praetor.
tatteredking is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
OK so I added it in, expecting it to sort like the new types of gear, and the new skill category organized right where it should be
tatteredking is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
yeah I added in quite a few different weapon categories breaking down modern weapons to western, WWI WWII, and Modern. I also broke Revolvers and Semi Auto's into different categories.

Somewhere I read you can make your own. .1st file and place it in the datafile to add your own categories, but I can't remember which forum I saw that in.

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
So you compiled your own the SW source files again? If you are going to send out a user file using that category it will prob cause errors for those that don't have it. And also the next update that comes in will wipe it out and you'll have to compile again.

I tried to creat a new .1st file with added categories in it, but it chokes on duplcate entries. (The Group names that are the same as tags.1st)

What do you mean sort like new types of gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteredking View Post
OK so I added it in, expecting it to sort like the new types of gear, and the new skill category organized right where it should be

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old September 27th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I did not compile a new source file. I just added in the new category through the interface and it organized it alphabetically on it's own. No screwing with the .1st file.

When I have created new gear categories, they haven't sorted correctly. Granted that was with a Pathfinder file. I created two new categories...Documentation and Optional Spell Components. They don't alphabetize. They lump together, all jumbled together, in the beginning of the list, before Adventuring Gear. I most likely will just go back and lump them into pre-existing categories.
tatteredking is offline   #10 Reply With Quote