Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dragonladytoo

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM
So from what I can see, both developers of Herolab and d20pro are pointing fingers at each other on this breakdown. "Its not really our fault, its something they did, but we are working on it, but have to wait on them"

Weak sauce.
dragonladytoo is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Dragonladytoo, that's not at all accurate. The current situation is as follows:

1) There's a bug in Hero Lab's d20pro export function that means some Pathfinder characters (apparently those with an unusual space or reach characteristic) don't export properly. This is a bug in Hero Lab, and will be addressed in the next release of the Pathfinder data files (later this week).

2) Windows apparently doesn't like you saving files with long file extensions (like .hld20pro) if you have a certain setting enabled, unless the software jump through certain hoops. We're now jumping through those hoops in Hero Lab, and this'll be fixed in v3.6b (out very soon). Until then, users can disable the "Hide extensions for known file types" in the Windows Explorer "View" options to make everything work.

Both of these are issues in Hero Lab, and they will both be resolved very shortly. Wes tells me there are some separate issues in d20pro, which they are fixing in their upcoming patch.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation. There are issues with both sides of the export/import, and we're fixing the problems in tandem.
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
TBKenie

Old May 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM
IMHO, the developers of HeroLab and D20 Pro are doing a great job of fixing and working on reported issues. They have responded faster than some of the other competing products (i.e., Kloogewerks, RPGXplorer, eTools) that I have purchased in the past for the task of tracking character data and virtual tabletop gaming.
TBKenie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ogexam

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
... Wes tells me there are some separate issues in d20pro, which they are fixing in their upcoming patch...
Yep, there were some issues in the d20Pro importer of the HL exported files as well. Mostly things that are beastiary related, or instances of things we did not foresee when building the importer.

These should all be fixed now. I just did some more tweaks last night and d20Pro is about to start our official in-house testing. Hopefully we will have a release by Monday, but don't quote me on that. We added other functionality and it needs to be tested before release.

I am sorry if people thought we were fingering pointing. There were issues on both sides of the pond, and we are bothing addressing them as quickly as possible.

I'll be honest, I have worked with other companies before between two products and I must say working with Lone Wolf and Colen in particular has been a welcomed change. The peeps at Lone Wolf Development are awesome with no ego's tripping upping the process of releasing great products to the customers!

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Thurgian

Old May 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I was wondering what the status of this was.
Thurgian is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
TBKenie

Old May 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Both Hero Lab for Pathfinder and D20Pro (v2.1.1) have been updated. I tried a few test exports from Hero Lab Pathfinder version to D20Pro v2.1.1, only the last character (Pathfinder alchemist) choked on an error of "3d6+3 fire" wasn't a valid die expression. Once I edited out the 3d6+3 fire bomb line, the character imported fine.
TBKenie is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Thurgian

Old May 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBKenie View Post
Both Hero Lab for Pathfinder and D20Pro (v2.1.1) have been updated. I tried a few test exports from Hero Lab Pathfinder version to D20Pro v2.1.1, only the last character (Pathfinder alchemist) choked on an error of "3d6+3 fire" wasn't a valid die expression. Once I edited out the 3d6+3 fire bomb line, the character imported fine.
Thank You.

However, I suppose I should have read the entire thread before posting ...

I didn't see that the original post was "Pathfinder" specific.

So, when might we be able to export 4e characters to D20pro ?
Thurgian is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
TBKenie

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:27 PM
As far as I know, 4E export works but I can't verify how well as I don't have the 4E dataset license.
TBKenie is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Thurgian

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:37 PM
As far as I can tell, there isn't an export option for 4e at all.
Thurgian is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
TBKenie

Old May 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Have you looked under File/Output Extensions/d20Pro Output?
TBKenie is offline   #20 Reply With Quote