Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dungeonguru

Old July 12th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Anyone know if it is possible to inject the hero's name into the Legendary actions header? I've banged around a bit but there seems to be no way to modify a Legendary action header beyond modifying the number of actions via the hero field tLegAction which controls the number of actions.

Any devs out there listening in?

Edit: As I'm diving deeper into lesser used fields and tags I think I'm going to start keeping track of interesting behaviors I find.

1. Did you know that races have a field named "rNumHands" that is default set to 2. You can give your races (like girallon) actual hands to hold weapons - behavior test seems to indicate that 1 hand is considered the primary and all the others are secondary. This does not add extra checkboxes to the sheet on the Weapons tab, but allows you to equip 1 primary weapon (1st) and a larger number of secondaries (2nd). You can also equip one two-handed weapon and still have one-handed off-hand attacks equal to you your number of hands minus one.

Last edited by dungeonguru; July 13th, 2018 at 12:14 PM.
dungeonguru is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 20th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but did you ever make any headway here? I'm trying to get Tiamat in, and changing the header would be helpful.

Also, how do I go about actually changing that tLegAction field? I tried simply changing the field on her in the editor, but the program says it cant initialize the field?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 20th, 2019, 09:20 AM
I never did get a response on changing the text, but the number of actions can be manipulated like this (this is my Tiamat script and it does change the number to 5). I get the feeling that the text is baked inside the legendary action scripting that we cannot see.

Final Phase/10,000
Code:
herofield[tLegAction].value = 5
As a workaround I put the following text into Tiamat's description to remind myself:

"{b}{i}Legendary Actions:{/i}{/b} Tiamat's legendary actions are based on her 5 heads. If a head has been used to bite, then that head cannot breathe on the same round until the next turn, and vice-versa."
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote