Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 29th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Is there a way to put notes into a tag? Or to link to a topic?

I have put some military ranks into tags and I want to put notes about which rank is superior and inferior. Or would it easier to connect to a topic or user note?
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
killraven

Old January 29th, 2015, 09:35 AM
This is also something I would like to see.

I realize this might be slightly difficult because you can have tags with the same name in multiple domains.

However, if you only used tags to link to other content and not as a source for a link, it might work.
killraven is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 29th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Can you add text next to a tag in the text box? That should be linkable. But it would be redundant if you had a tag for Major and a text entry for Major....

Another approach is to create a more robust tag. I hid the RW standard tag and created a new Settlement tag that gives me more info and which is user sorted, not alpha sorted. Following is the full text of each field which includes the population as I cannot remember the numbers.... Very convenient.

Thorp - fewer than 20
Hamlet - 21–60
Village - 61–200
Small town - 201–2,000
Large town - 2,001–5,000
Small city - 5,001–10,000
Large city - 10,001–25,000
Metropolis - more than 25,000
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Can you add text next to a tag in the text box? That should be linkable....
This is what I've done as a workaround for now. It's duplication, though.

The goal in my mind is to get to where you can pick an item from a popup menu/list and have the resulting text be a link to an Item (Topic/Article/etc.) I thought at some point we'd discussed at least these two ideas for this, but perhaps this was just me playing around with it in my head.

The first idea is assigning Items to Tags so a Tag Snippet's tag text becomes a link to something. Obviously not a new idea. :)

The second was using an Item in the containment hierarchy and its directly contained Items, whether as a Tag Domain and Tags (respectively) or as some new kind of Snippet. This eliminates a lot of manual work adding Tags with links when you're adding new Items but is a new concept in terms of the existing Snippet types.

Looking at my own work, the second is closest to what I'm usually trying to accomplish, but the first is a reasonable workaround. I can also think of some cases where the first would be preferable, notably when you want Tag features or when you want to link to less items than there are Tags. (For example, Settlement Sizes might all link to a general Article for Settlement properties, rather than an Article for each size.)

Last edited by Parody; January 29th, 2015 at 01:55 PM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 29th, 2015, 03:35 PM
@Parody: Good points. +1
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 6th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Oldish but good

+1

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote