Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

eponette

Old November 12th, 2014, 04:06 AM
I design a new Topic for the session management. With a date snipet and an text snipet. With this, I'll be able to write down what happened during a day during a game session.

By default, there is one date and one text snipet. But I'd like to easily and quickly add a date and text snipet if the date changes. is there a way to do it? Is there a way to link it to a keyboard short cut? Or a button on the menubar?
eponette is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Just add them below.

So, here's what you see: (O = the reveal toggle)

O DATE: (date snippet) [wrench]
O TEXT: (text info) [wrench]

So let's say you want another date/text below those two. Next to TEXT, click that wrench and select: Add Snippet Below > Calendar Date

This adds a new Date Snippet below TEXT. You can do the same with a new text snippet under that new Date Snippet you just added.

The shortcut for adding a text snippet is Ctrl+T. Dunno if there's a Date shortcut.

So your final result would be

Hope that helps
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old November 13th, 2014, 03:01 AM
I wanted to add both date and text with one click. I want it to be fast as I don't want my players to have the impression that RW and my notes are slowing down the game.
eponette is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old November 13th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Add a bunch of blank snippets before your game, and just fill them in during play.
MaxSupernova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponette View Post
I wanted to add both date and text with one click. I want it to be fast as I don't want my players to have the impression that RW and my notes are slowing down the game.
Okay, well.... If you need lightning speed to put in your notes, don't do a Date field, just do 2 text fields. Or, better yet, put one text field and put the date, then hit enter and put your notes on the next line.

Really, to add a field shouldn't take more than 5 seconds. And to add the text field under the date, just hit ctrl+t and bang, it's there. you're looking at 6-8 seconds to put a new section in.

OR, now here's an idea.... Create a custom topic that has Date, Text, Date, Text, Date, Text, etc.... until you think you have enough (say 10 or so). Then just fill in as needed when you create your new topic.

Or, again, hit Ctrl+t twice real quick.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote