Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Olaf the Stout

Old March 12th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Is there a way to see the various bonuses that add up to the various final numbers?

For example, is there a way to see that for a skill, X points come from ranks, Y points come from synergy bonuses, Z points come from racial bonuses, W points come from a feat, there is a V point armour check penalty being applied to this skill?

I'd like to be able to see similar calculations for things like saves, grapple checks, attack bonuses, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Olaf the Stout is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 13th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Sort of. You can get an idea of what goes into a specific skill by right-clicking on the skill and selecting "Show Debug Fields". However, it doesn't break it down completely. For instance, if your character has a feat and an item that provides a Luck Bonus to the skill, you won't see that there are two Luck Bonuses, only what the total Luck Bonus is.

For everything else, you're doing basically the same thing, but there's nowhere to right-lick for those. Instead go to the Develop menu, select Floating Info Windows -> Show Selection Fields. Then you can select whatever you want to look at. You can also get the skills here, and you can select more than one item at a time. Hope this helps.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Floating Info Windows is grayed out on my Hero Lab. Do I have to enable data file debugging or something?
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
Floating Info Windows is grayed out on my Hero Lab. Do I have to enable data file debugging or something?
Yep. Just check Enable Data File Debugging in your Develop menu, and they will no longer be grayed out (you'll also be able to use CTRL-R to reload code after changes are made in the editor).
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Olaf the Stout

Old March 16th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sort of. You can get an idea of what goes into a specific skill by right-clicking on the skill and selecting "Show Debug Fields". However, it doesn't break it down completely. For instance, if your character has a feat and an item that provides a Luck Bonus to the skill, you won't see that there are two Luck Bonuses, only what the total Luck Bonus is.

For everything else, you're doing basically the same thing, but there's nowhere to right-lick for those. Instead go to the Develop menu, select Floating Info Windows -> Show Selection Fields. Then you can select whatever you want to look at. You can also get the skills here, and you can select more than one item at a time. Hope this helps.
On the skill tab, when I right-click on a skill, nothing comes up. So I can't choose "Show Debug Fields" as there is no option. I have tried on both the skills on the left (where you add ranks) and on the right (where the skill bonus summary is displayed).

What am I doing wrong?

I tried the other option you suggested and I am looking at the Jump skill. For some reason it gives my character a -7 Jump check modifier. I cannot figure out why it is so low.

The character is a Level 4 Gnome Wizard with Str 8. He is not wearing any armour and is lightly encumbered. By my calculations he should have a -1 Jump check modifier (-1 Str penalty and 0 ranks) and I can't figure out where the other -6 is coming from.
Olaf the Stout is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 16th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf the Stout View Post
On the skill tab, when I right-click on a skill, nothing comes up. So I can't choose "Show Debug Fields" as there is no option. I have tried on both the skills on the left (where you add ranks) and on the right (where the skill bonus summary is displayed).

What am I doing wrong?

I tried the other option you suggested and I am looking at the Jump skill. For some reason it gives my character a -7 Jump check modifier. I cannot figure out why it is so low.

The character is a Level 4 Gnome Wizard with Str 8. He is not wearing any armour and is lightly encumbered. By my calculations he should have a -1 Jump check modifier (-1 Str penalty and 0 ranks) and I can't figure out where the other -6 is coming from.
Show debug fields is in the tools menu. You activate it from there.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Olaf the Stout

Old March 16th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks bodrin. Ok the Modified Level field has a -7 value. Any idea what that field represents and why it would give my Jump modifier a -7?
Olaf the Stout is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 16th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf the Stout View Post
Thanks bodrin. Ok the Modified Level field has a -7 value. Any idea what that field represents and why it would give my Jump modifier a -7?
This is a common overlooked problem but how much weight / encumbrance does your character have.

Coins are a big culprit, but all your gear combined will effect the jump total and don't forget armor check penalty.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Olaf the Stout

Old March 17th, 2014, 01:17 AM
I currently have a light load, less than 10gp in coins and no armour.
Olaf the Stout is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 17th, 2014, 04:25 AM
For every 10 ft. of base movement less than 30 ft., you take a -6 to Jump checks. Described in the 2nd paragraph of the Jump skill. Gnomes have a speed of 20 ft., so that's the reason.
Kendall-DM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote