Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

WhiteUnggoy

Old December 10th, 2013, 04:19 AM
So first post at these forums, hello all.

I've been using Hero lab for a little while, it's been absolutely wonderful, and as my campaign is finding a little downtime over the holidays, I thought I'd take a crack at the editor. First thing I wanted to add with SGG's Talented Rogue as an archetype(turning all class abilities into rogue talents or "edges," a secondary custom ability.) I thought it was going to be super simple (well, not as simple as a feat or item, but still)...and so far I'm stuck at the first custom ability I'm trying to make.

So I'm trying to turn Trapfinding into a custom secondary ability (+1/2 rogue level to disable device, and to perception as a situational mod), and while I seemed to have set it up just fine, it's the script where I'm having trouble. I copy/pasted the eval scripts from the original ability, but they aren't displaying the skill bonuses in hero lab. I've been flipping back and forth through tuts and references for a few hours now, switching every thing I could think of around. Now I'm turning to you guys, as I should be getting to sleep, and hoping you can point out the likely obvious thing I'm doing wrong. Note that this is just the settings where I stopped, not fully representative of the ol' college try.

Post-level(users),10000,1
Code:
      ~ If we're not shown, just get out now
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~ Only do it for the first copy.
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

~ our bonus is level /2, min 1
      field[abValue].value += maximum(round(field[xTotalLev].value / 2,0,-1),1)
      field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " " & signed(field[abValue].value)

#skillbonus[skDisable] += field[abValue].value
      #situational[hero.child[skPercep],signed(field[abValue].value) & " to locate traps",field[thingname].text]
Render,10000,2
Code:
      field[sbName].text = lowercase(field[thingname].text) & " " & signed(field[abValue].value)
WhiteUnggoy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

is probably stopping the rest of the script from executing. Only some custom class abilities get that tag (I believe it depends on their uniqueness).
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
WhiteUnggoy

Old December 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Well, sure enough that was it. Can't believe I hadn't tried that already. Well thanks so much for your help!
WhiteUnggoy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote