Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Kevlyn

Old February 27th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Okay, I am trying to figure out how to access the fields of a skill as it passes through trtFinal. I've got the code that identifies the component is a skill, but nothing I've tried has worked to access the fields.

What I've done is create a new field in the Skill component called sklTotal, whose purpose is to display the total Attribute + Skill level in the incrementer of the tab_basics. I thought I had a timing issue where sklRoll was occurring too late into sequence to be useful, so I added the second field and I've got it happening earlier in the process. As it turns out, I think if I could access the skill itself then I may be alright.

My goal is simply to display the total skill roll, skill level + attribute link, in the incrementer. I'm just not sure what to prepend for .linkage[attribute] to access it or if its even possible.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated.
Kevlyn is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2013, 07:33 AM
"this." is implied at the beginning of every location transition in Hero Lab, so don't start a set of location transitions with a period - there's already one there.

Try just

linkage[attribute].field[WHATEVER].value
Mathias is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Kevlyn

Old February 27th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, that worked. I tried so many combinations, I don't know why I didn't try that one. Possibly because I'm in the processing trtFinal and since the skill was from another component I wasn't sure they would be accessible in that manner.

Is there an info window or debug process that would show me all the fields available a particular point in a script?
Kevlyn is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Develop menu...Show Floating Info Windows

(Make sure Enable Data File Debugging is checked at the top of the Develop menu).

Once it's checked, you can also right-click most things in the UI to get the same debugging windows.
Mathias is offline   #44 Reply With Quote