Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 30th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I am attempting to use the authoring kit to work out the Deathwatch game mechanics. So far I have the attributes and am working on skills. I will work on this in my spare time and see how far I can get the code.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ok so I followed the documentation based on the Savage Worlds file to create a new tab for Skills... How can I get Hero Lab to automatically put certain skills on characters?

Deathwatch has two types of Skills, Basic and Advanced. Basic Skills are similar to those in pathfinder that can be used by anyone whether they have training in them or not. I created a Helper tag called Helper.SkillBasic so that I can use this to hopefully get these skill to show up on all characters on their own.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 1st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Deathwatch Progress thus far, I have all 9 Attributes in place, and all the skills, I added some sample weapons and armor and am creating a list of components that I need to add to make it all work correctly. I still have to figure out some of the mechanical aspects for Herolab to calculate, but it is coming along just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Progress.JPG (119.4 KB, 48 views)
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
morkalg

Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:20 AM
I am following this with MUCH interest. I would love to see the 40K RPG's represented in Hero Lab
morkalg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkalg View Post
I am following this with MUCH interest. I would love to see the 40K RPG's represented in Hero Lab
I have a lot to implement, but the system is relatively simple. I feel I can handle this project based on everything I've learned about Hero Lab so far.

I got the skills and attributes in there. I am going to try and knock out guns and armor and then go back to work on other elements. This will be time consuming and I won't be able to get a lot of progress quickly. Right now my focus will be on getting infrastructure done. If I can get the infrastructure done and get the editor up and running for it, I can let someone else input all the guns and other armors and gear choices. I just have to have to get the framework up and running before I can do that.

I have also wanted to see 40K Rp in HL. I just feel I have enough experience now to actually take a crack at coding it fully.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Another Progress shot.

This one shows Basic Skills are now showing up on their own, and the addition of Fate Points. Skills have been moved to their own tab as well.

Finally got basic functionality going. Basic Skills are all calculating as untrained for now. I plan to add the training tag to the hero types for the relevant skills. I am learning a lot from this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Progress.JPG (124.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by RavenX; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
morkalg

Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
If I can get the infrastructure done and get the editor up and running for it, I can let someone else input all the guns and other armors and gear choices. I just have to have to get the framework up and running before I can do that.
I've never coded anything for Hero Lab though I have a few game systems I would really like to work on. I can however assist with data entry stuff if/when you need it. Let me know how I can help out.
morkalg is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkalg View Post
I've never coded anything for Hero Lab though I have a few game systems I would really like to work on. I can however assist with data entry stuff if/when you need it. Let me know how I can help out.
It may take a while for me to get around to the editor. I have gotten a big step out of the way though. Despite the fact the software only shows the "basic" skills the advanced ones are all in there already as well. I will let you know when I have the editor up to par for data entry.

I need to make sure I get the infrastructure of the system done before I start going hog wild adding in the weapons, armor, etc.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM
A few more progress shots for Deathwatch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Progress Talent Tab.JPG (144.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Editor Progress Melee.JPG (99.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Editor Progress Ranged Ammo Types.JPG (120.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Editor Weapon Qualities.JPG (115.9 KB, 34 views)
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Progress on weapons. Was too tired to upload this last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Weapon Progress.JPG (87.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Weapon Progress 2.JPG (132.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by RavenX; July 6th, 2012 at 06:45 AM.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote