Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

AEIOU

Old August 4th, 2018, 10:20 AM
I've updated the original UA Changeling to the official WFGtE Changeling but cannot figure out how to limit the pick for " ...your Dexterity or your Intelligence increases by 1 (your choice)."

I used the half-elf code to add two abilities. I successfully changed it to one ability. I cannot figure out how to restrict the pick to DEX or INT. I think it's the ChooseSrc1 line but I'm not a programmer so this is frustrating me....

Code:
<thing id="rChange" name="Changeling" description="Changelings are subtle shapeshifters capable of disguising their appearance. Their ability to adopt other creatures’ guises makes them consummate spies and criminals." compset="Race" summary="Changelings are subtle shapeshifters capable of disguising their appearance.">
    <fieldval field="rCHA" value="2"/>
    <fieldval field="rLanguages" value="2"/>
	<fieldval field="cSkillMax" value="2"/>
    <fieldval field="rHeightMin" value="58"/>
    <fieldval field="rWeightMin" value="140"/>
    <usesource source="5eEberUACP"/>
    <tag group="HeightSize" tag="10" name="d10" abbrev="d10"/>
    <tag group="RaceType" tag="Normal" name="Normal (Player) Race" abbrev="Normal (Player) Race"/>
    <tag group="WeightDice" tag="2" name="2" abbrev="2"/>
    <tag group="WeightSize" tag="6" name="d6" abbrev="d6"/>
    <tag group="HeightDice" tag="2" name="2" abbrev="2"/>
	<tag group="AllowSkl1" tag="skDecept"/>
    <tag group="AllowSkl1" tag="skIntim"/>
    <tag group="AllowSkl1" tag="skInsight"/>
    <tag group="AllowSkl1" tag="skPersuas"/>
    <bootstrap thing="lCommon"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="wUnarmed"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raChASC"></bootstrap>
	<bootstrap thing="raChVIS"></bootstrap>
	<bootstrap thing="raChPRS"></bootstrap>
	<bootstrap thing="raChINS"></bootstrap>
	<bootstrap thing="raChV2A"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="tpHumanoid"></bootstrap>
    </thing>
  <thing id="raChASC" name="Change Appearance" description="As an action, you can transform your appearance or revert to your natural form. You can’t duplicate the appearance of a creature you’ve never seen, and you revert to your natural form if you die./n/nYou decide what you look like, including your height, weight, facial features, the sound of your voice, coloration, hair length, sex, and any other distinguishing characteristics. You can make yourself appear as a member of another race, though none of your game statistics change. You also can’t appear as a creature of a different size than you, and your basic shape stays the same; if you’re bipedal, you can’t use this trait to become quadrupedal, for instance. Your clothing and other equipment don’t change in appearance, size, or shape to match your new form, requiring you to keep a few extra outfits on hand to make the most compelling disguise possible./n/nEven to the most astute observers, your ruse is usually indiscernible. If you rouse suspicion, or if a wary creature suspects something is amiss, you have advantage on any Charisma (Deception) check you make to avoid detection." compset="RaceSpec" summary="You can transform into any humanoid you have seen.">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec" name="Show Spec" abbrev="Show Spec"/>
    </thing>
  <thing id="raChVIS" name="Unsettling Visage" description="When a creature you can see makes an attack roll against you, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on the roll. You must use this feature before knowing whether the attack hits or misses./n/nUsing this trait reveals your shapeshifting nature to any creature within 30 feet that can see you. Once you use this trait, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest." compset="RaceSpec" summary="Reveal shapeshifting nature to impose disadavantage in combat.">
    </thing>
  <thing id="raChPRS" name="Divergent Persona" description="You gain proficiency with one tool of your choice. Define a unique identity associated with that proficiency; establish the name, race, gender, age, and other details. While you are in the form of this persona, the related proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses that proficiency." compset="RaceSpec" summary="Define a persona with a unique identity and proficiency.">
    </thing>
  <thing id="raChINS" name="Changeling Instincts" description="You gain proficiency with two of the following skills of your choice: Deception, Intimidation, Insight, and Persuasion." compset="RaceSpec" summary="Gain two skill proficiencies.">
    </thing>
 <thing id="raChV2A" name="Select One Attribute To Increase By One." description="Select One Attribute To Increase By One." compset="RaceSpec">
     <tag group="fShowWhat" tag="Attributes"/>
     <tag group="RaceSort" tag="Attribute" name="Attribute" abbrev="Attribute"/>
     <tag group="ChooseSrc1" tag="Hero" name="All Picks on Hero" abbrev="All Picks on Hero"/>
    <eval phase="UserPreAt" priority="5000"><![CDATA[   ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[aStartMod].value += 1
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.assign[Custom.AttrUp]
        endif]]></eval>
    </thing>
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 4th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I've updated the original UA Changeling to the official WFGtE Changeling but cannot figure out how to limit the pick for " ...your Dexterity or your Intelligence increases by 1 (your choice)."

I used the half-elf code to add two abilities. I successfully changed it to one ability. I cannot figure out how to restrict the pick to DEX or INT. I think it's the ChooseSrc1 line but I'm not a programmer so this is frustrating me....

Code:
 <thing id="raChV2A" name="Select One Attribute To Increase By One." description="Select One Attribute To Increase By One." compset="RaceSpec">
     <tag group="fShowWhat" tag="Attributes"/>
     <tag group="RaceSort" tag="Attribute" name="Attribute" abbrev="Attribute"/>
     <tag group="ChooseSrc1" tag="Hero" name="All Picks on Hero" abbrev="All Picks on Hero"/>
    <eval phase="UserPreAt" priority="5000"><![CDATA[   ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[aStartMod].value += 1
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.assign[Custom.AttrUp]
        endif]]></eval>
    </thing>
So, in the editor where you have selected on the Select From... you probably have Attributes, you'll need to set this back to -None- and put in a custom expression instead that narrows down to two.

Your custom expression you can type;
component.BaseAttr & (thingid.aDEX|thingid.aINT)
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 5th, 2018, 07:45 AM
I've bee3n working on the WGtE. I just have to complete the ability that gives you a Tool, and its done. Then I'll move to to the next.

I've had a busy weekend, plus I am working on a stubburn ability in MToF (Demonic Boons). I hope to get back to things Monday . . . <hope, hope, hope>

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 6th, 2018, 07:11 AM
I gave up on the ability that gives a tool. Way over my limited skill level. Glad to see the community project is still moving forward despite only a small group of dedicated contributors.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote