Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Khayin

Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
First, I want to say thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into this program! It was like Christmas came early when I found the WoD data package available this morning. I'm looking forward to employing it in my upcoming game!

Now, on to business -- I can't make sense of the calculations for equipment bonuses relating to combat. Attribute + Skill + Equipment is the equation I use, but the sum always seems to be one die lower than I would have thought to be correct. My test character, for example has a Dexterity of 3, Firearms 2 and wields a Light Pistol with a damage rating of 2. Putting that all together, I would have expected a dice pool of 7, but it is registering as 6 in all areas of the program. So far, this has held true for every weapon.

So, I guess the question is: am I simply not aware of a rule that affects this total, is there some factor affecting the pool that I am not seeing, or is this a bug?
Khayin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
At 01:01 PM 12/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
So, I guess the question is: am I simply not aware of a rule that affects this total, is there some factor affecting the pool that I am not seeing, or is this a bug?
Without seeing the full character, I can't be sure, but there is one thing that springs to mind as a possibility. What is your character's Strength? If your Strength is not sufficient to wield a weapon, you incur a -1 penalty to the dice pool.

So that could be the source of the problem. If not, please send me a copy of the saved portfolio at helpdesk@wolflair.com. I can then load it up and take a look.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Khayin

Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
There was no error reported by the program regarding the Strength minimum (which was indeed met) and even futzing with the Strength yielded no change.

I've sent you the portfolio I was working on at the time, though I've noticed this problem in every character so far.

Thanks!
Khayin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2007, 02:08 AM
At 01:39 PM 12/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
There was no error regarding the Strength minimum (which was indeed met) and even futzing with the Strength yielded no change.

I've sent you the portfolio I was working on at the time, though I've noticed this problem in every character so far.
I think I've identified the source of the problem - it's something that changed towards the end that obviously didn't get properly re-tested before release. I hate it when that happens!

I have to be at the airport for a business trip later today, and I don't get back until Sunday night. We'll see about getting a fix for this released early next week. Let me know if you spot anything else through the weekend so we can fix whatever you spot in the same update.

Sorry for the screw-up and thanks for your patience....
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote