Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fenris447

Old March 17th, 2020, 05:33 PM
Because I couldn't help myself, I've already programmed in the subclasses, subraces, and spells from the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount. They'll be in the next big release.

If you want to use them now, go ahead and pull down:
  • COM_5ePack_EGtW - Classes and Spells.user
  • COM_5ePack_EGtW - Races.user
  • COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st

Copying the files
Click on each of the files in the GitHub, then open the same file on your computer in Notepad. If the file doesn't exist on your PC yet (like the two files with EGtW in the name), you'll need to make them first. Copy the full text from the GitHub version and replace the entirety of the file on your computer. Save that file.

Finishing up
You'll need to reload Hero Lab. Save and quit, or hit ctrl+r. To see these options on a character, use the Configure Hero menu and check the box for Explorer's Guide to Wildemount.

What's included
  • Pallid Elf subrace
  • Lotusden Halfling subrace
  • Draconblood and Ravenite Dragonborn racial variants
  • Echo Knight Fighter subclass
  • Graviturgist and Chronurgist Wizard subclasses
  • 15 new spells, all of which will automatically be available to the two wizard subclasses, per the book

I found a bug/mistake/problem!
Great! This is prerelease material, so the more we find, the better. Tell us as much as you can by logging an issue at the GitHub. We'll see what we can do.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; March 17th, 2020 at 08:55 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old March 17th, 2020, 08:16 PM
Dude, you’re amazing!
Brolthemighty is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old July 22nd, 2023, 09:30 AM
There is a spell I want to put in a character's spellbook: Gift of Alacrity.

I have the file COM_5ePack_EGtW-Classes and Spells.user sitting in C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e.

I can open that file in the editor and see that the Gift of Alacrity spell is in the program.

But even if the only Configure Hero options I put checkmarks next to are the 3 5E Core Books and Explorer's Guide to Wildemount under 5e Sourcebooks, when I go into the Spellbook graphic to add spells to this character's spellbook, I type in Gift of Alacrity and it does not give me the option to add that spell.

Can you help me get it to work properly? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Picture of Configure Hero.GIF (138.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gif Picture of No Gift of Alacrity.GIF (193.1 KB, 2 views)
lortondm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old July 25th, 2023, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
There is a spell I want to put in a character's spellbook: Gift of Alacrity.

I have the file COM_5ePack_EGtW-Classes and Spells.user sitting in C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e.

I can open that file in the editor and see that the Gift of Alacrity spell is in the program.

But even if the only Configure Hero options I put checkmarks next to are the 3 5E Core Books and Explorer's Guide to Wildemount under 5e Sourcebooks, when I go into the Spellbook graphic to add spells to this character's spellbook, I type in Gift of Alacrity and it does not give me the option to add that spell.

Can you help me get it to work properly? Thanks!
As far as I can tell, that spell is only available to Chronurgy and Graviturgy Wizards. So unless you're one of them, it's not supposed to be available to you, which is probably why you're not seeing it.

If you want to houserule it, you can add your own copy of it. Here's how:
  1. Create a new .user file in your data > 5e folder
  2. Go to the Class > Spell tab
  3. Click New (Copy)
  4. Find the Gift of Alacrity and click OK
  5. Click the Edit button next to Classes
  6. Select Wizard (and/or any other class you want to have the spell)
  7. Give this new spell its own Unique ID (you can make something up)
  8. Click Test Now!
  9. Save your .user file
  10. Enjoy!

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old July 27th, 2023, 03:18 PM
Thank you!
lortondm is offline   #5 Reply With Quote