Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

romandain

Old March 29th, 2019, 11:41 PM
Hello All:

I have been able to create the gestalt for a Psion/Warblade and 90% of it works. I am trying to get the other 10% working and that is where I am at a loss.

First for the Psion class they have a class skill named "Stabilize Self". However that skill is not in HL. I created the skill in the editor and assigned it to my custom class as a class skill no problem. However even with it set as a class skill it still increments like a cross class skill when I build the character. How would you recommend fixing this.

Second Question is about the abilities of a Warblade that show up as named custom abilities of "stance" and "maneuver". Based on the last advice you gave me to set the "Allow Class Abilities" as Warblade worked in order for me to be able to choose them as I create and level the character. The problem is that on the Maneuvers it is not calculating the required level for the abilities right. For example based on the Tome of Battle where the class is a 4th level Warblade should have access to 2nd level Maneuvers at Max however all of the level 2 abilities in the book require a 3rd level "initiator" for it.

If i try this with a based build for Warblade the abilities can be chosen at level 4 no problem.

Thank you for the help
Roman
romandain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old March 30th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Doesn't Autohypnosis cover stabilizing yourself?

Is Psion your base or Warblade? Unless Warblade is the base, the system will only count it for half as it only counts the ToB classes as Initiator classes
Illyahr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
romandain

Old March 30th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Thank you for the response Illyahr:

I recreated the custom class as a new(Copy) of Warblade and added the psionic powers. Same thing is happening through. The level 2 Maneuvers are still acting as a mutliclass warblade.

For the skills it Autohynosis does have an ignore pain piece as well as other challenging mental tasks. It looks like the separated stopping yourself from dying as a Stabilize Self and that is the only use for that skill. Easy call just to wrap it all in to Autohynosis though.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by romandain; March 30th, 2019 at 10:29 AM.
romandain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
romandain

Old March 30th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Question though.

Something that I realized though if I delete a custom class that I created the entry still exists within the system. Is there another way to remove the stale files?
romandain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old March 30th, 2019, 10:54 AM
You made a copy of Warblade and aren't using Warblade itself, so the system only counts half its levels.

You need to reload the system before it will disappear from the listing.
Illyahr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote