Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Call of Cthulhu

Notices

daddystabz

Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:23 PM
Is this optional rule from pg 61 of the Investigator's Handbook included in the ruleset and if so, how do I enable it?

I really need it for my character for a local game.
daddystabz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:34 AM
Anyone?
daddystabz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:33 AM
The investigator's handbook is still on the to-do list, but all those packages add to a regular character is a few lost san points, a few things to record on the personal tab, and many extra skill points. You can use a journal entry to lose the san points, and an adjustment from the Permanent Adjustments table on the personal tab.

As a note on timing, you posted at 6PM my time yesterday evening, and bumped your post at 7AM this morning, and I usually work a normal workday, so 8-5. So I recommend that you give people time to respond before you bump your posts.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:51 AM
Thank you for your response. I am just trying to get this all settled before my first game with the group and a big part of my character is this extra option for my police background.

Which method would be easiest for adding the extra skill points?

I appreciate your input.
daddystabz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:03 AM
Add the "Skill Points - Interests" adjustment, and then change its value to 60, since the police experience package adds 60 skill points. You'll have to double-check manually that you've spent at least 60 points on the skills from the list given in the book, but I doubt that'll be a problem, since you're probably planning to assign well over 60 points to all the skills in that long list.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Add the "Skill Points - Interests" adjustment, and then change its value to 60, since the police experience package adds 60 skill points. You'll have to double-check manually that you've spent at least 60 points on the skills from the list given in the book, but I doubt that'll be a problem, since you're probably planning to assign well over 60 points to all the skills in that long list.
I'm still at work atm and trying to visualize in my head until I get home and can jump into HL. How do I set the skill point adjustment to 60?

Thanks again!
daddystabz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2018, 11:58 AM
I've attached a screenshot of what it will look like once you've added the adjustment.
Attached Images
File Type: png Adjustment.png (54.4 KB, 14 views)
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I've attached a screenshot of what it will look like once you've added the adjustment.
Thank you so much!
daddystabz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old January 24th, 2018, 03:25 PM
I'm trying to make these adjustments right now and am not seeing how I can reduce Sanity points with a journal entry.
daddystabz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2018, 04:26 PM
My apologies, I didn't look at the program before mentioning that one - there are two types of journals in CoC - regular journals on the Journal tab, where you earn XP and add or subtract money, and the sanity journals on the Sanity tab, where you can lose and regain sanity or gain Cthulhu Mythos points.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote