Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2012, 01:34 PM
(A bug reports thread for the 2/17/12 update)

Unfortunately, there are a few projects we haven't had the time to work on yet. Here's the list, so that you know you don't need to re-post these as bug reports:
  1. Combat
    • Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.
  2. Magic
    • Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)
  3. Matrix & Technomancers
    • AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
    • Active/Passive/Hidden mode
  4. Vehicles & Drones
    • Rigging & Jumping In (including full handling for cyborgs)
  5. NPCs & Critters
    • Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
    • Group/Professional Rating
    • Critters
  6. Miscellaneous
    • Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
    • For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
    • Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
    • Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
    • Guest cost for a lifestyle, shared lifestyles, permanent lifestyles
  7. Augmentation
    • Biodrones (this requires the rules for critters to be finished first).
  8. Street Magic
    • Ally Spirits.
    • Spirits possessing/inhabiting vessels/characters.
    • Long-Term Binding.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old February 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Augmentation grade is not being recorded correctly when adding new cyberware and or bioware from the main purchase window. Prior to the release of 2.0 and after character creation, the augmentation grade was being recorded correctly, meaning that what was selected in the main purchase window is what showed up on the profile [buy alpha it shows as ____ (Alphaware) R]. After 2.0 went live this is nolonger true. Even though you select the grade in the main purchase window, and it shows the appropriate adjustment to both price and essence cost, it is recording the purchase as standard grade, unless you first make changes to the default settings via the toolbox button. This can be done with the tool on the main purchase page or in the customization window.

This is occurring during both the creation mode and in game mode.
CeaDawg is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old February 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM
The description for the Military Armors (Light, Medium, Heavy) indicate they can accept the Chemical Seal as well as the two Environmental Adaptions. Under the Customize tab they are showing as not available, as the three Military Armors do not have the Body Armor traits.
Peter Smith is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LooseCannon

Old February 20th, 2012, 04:56 AM
This isn't a bug per-se but it's a UI/continuity issue.

The added military/police vehicles and drones from Arsenal data set do not show the "stat block" at the top. The only way to see the vehicle stats is to add the item and then go to the description. This makes browsing/quick comparison more difficult and it's different from the previous data set that had the stat block at the top.

Also, it appears the General Products COP has no values set (I'm seeing all 0s). Think that one got missed...

Nonetheless, thanks for releasing the new stuff so fast. Nice to have the official versions!!!

Last edited by LooseCannon; February 20th, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added COP comments.
LooseCannon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Anacher

Old February 20th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Does this include typos?

The pop up box (when moused over) for vehicle sensors brings up the intuition text instead of the sensor text. In the "Basics" window.
Anacher is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Anacher

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Also, the DocWagon CRT Helicopter has a typo in its name. (Helicophter)
Anacher is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dinendae

Old February 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
(A bug reports thread for the 2/17/12 update)

Unfortunately, there are a few projects we haven't had the time to work on yet. Here's the list, so that you know you don't need to re-post these as bug reports:
    • Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)
Just a head's up for when you get to it, but when putrchasing Astral Perception as an adept or mystic adept, it seems to be costing two points instead of one.
Dinendae is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old February 21st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Buying a new skill group, after creation mode is locked, is broken again. It gives a string of errors:

Attempt to access non-existent parent pick for a top-level container from spript
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 10
---
Attempt to access non-existent parent pick for a top-level container from spript
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 20
---
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 21
---
Repeats these 3 statements 4 times with each entry into a field box in the window for specifying the skill group (the group name, the game date, real date)
Once the group is added, only the name of the group at rank 1 appears in the character profile, none of the included skills are listed.

Adding the individual skills from the group, keeping them at the same level, does not show them as a skill group and produces the same error as before if you attempt to increase them as a group.
Only the skill groups purchased as groups while in creation mode can be increased as a group, unless the group is broken apart after creation is locked, then the group behaves as described for gaining a new group.

After saving the profile exiting the program to look at the logs, I opened the profile up again to try adding the individual skills that belong to the empty group. The error messages above immediately popped up, and continued to pop up with each action taken while in that profile. I was able to add the individual skills, but they showed at rank 2 instead of rank 1, and the group showed as broken. Decreasing the individual skill ranks did not remove the broken tag on the group. Additionally, it appears that the option to burn edge is no longer available in the advancements window. Edge can be spent in the "In-Play" tab under "Other Tracked Resources", but it can not be burned.

While I'm on my soap box so to speak, Are the advancements supposed to be printable somewhere? I've not found an option anywhere for them to show up, even when saving the profile as a PDF. Did I miss something?

Last edited by CeaDawg; February 21st, 2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: new info on the bug
CeaDawg is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
Buying a new skill group, after creation mode is locked, is broken again. It gives a string of errors:

Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 10
---
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 20
---
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Skillndiv' (Eval Script '#5') near line 21
---
Repeats these 3 statements 4 times with each entry into a field box in the window for specifying the skill group (the group name, the game date, real date)
Once the group is added, only the name of the group at rank 1 appears in the character profile, none of the included skills are listed.

Adding the individual skills from the group, keeping them at the same level, does not show them as a skill group and produces the same error as before if you attempt to increase them as a group.
Only the skill groups purchased as groups while in creation mode can be increased as a group, unless the group is broken apart after creation is locked, then the group behaves as described for gaining a new group.

After saving the profile exiting the program to look at the logs, I opened the profile up again to try adding the individual skills that belong to the empty group. The error messages above immediately popped up, and continued to pop up with each action taken while in that profile. I was able to add the individual skills, but they showed at rank 2 instead of rank 1, and the group showed as broken. Decreasing the individual skill ranks did not remove the broken tag on the group. Additionally, it appears that the option to burn edge is no longer available in the advancements window. Edge can be spent in the "In-Play" tab under "Other Tracked Resources", but it can not be burned.

While I'm on my soap box so to speak, Are the advancements supposed to be printable somewhere? I've not found an option anywhere for them to show up, even when saving the profile as a PDF. Did I miss something?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The skill group error you have reported is one that I caught a long time ago, I believe it is still on the "to-do" list for fixing once there is time to get to it. The current focus right now is on getting the core supplements finished up.

Your advancements should show up on the advancements tab, as far as printing a list of them goes, that is not currently available. The advancements should apply the appropriate bonuses to your sheets as they are purchased however, and those should show up on your printouts.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Gorta

Old February 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I did a search on Magic and didn't find this mentioned, so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else.

The program seems to be incorrectly limiting the magic attribute. Specifically I was trying to enter in Frosty from Artifacts Unbound and it is limiting her magic attribute to 9 when calculating her magic based dice pools.

In SRA p. 68 under the 'Attribute Ratings' heading, it says that Physical and Mental attributes are limited to 1.5 times the natural rating. Magic is neither a Physical or Mental attribute, it is a special attribute.
Gorta is offline   #10 Reply With Quote