Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Titanhoss

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I think the problem you may be having is having the edge see if you qualify for the race... what it needs to be is having the race qualify you for the edge...

Titanhoss
Titanhoss is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 12th, 2012, 05:56 AM
yes but I need the race to have a qualification that you need one of the heritage feats...I am sure there is a way to do it..
tatteredking is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
The solution might be to set up an evalrule on the Race to generate just a warning when the Heritage feat isn't taken. Then the Race shouldn't be greyed out, and there would still be a notification on the validation report.
CapedCrusader is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
There's also a significantly better approach that will require we make some internal changes so that it becomes possible. We still need to assess how difficult it will be to make those changes, not to mention whether the changes will completely work. So CapedCrusader's suggestion above is probably the best solution for the time being, and we'll keep everyone posted on whether we get a better solution into place.
rob is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
that would prlly work CC. I just have to dig back through the recesses of my mind to figure out how to to it without listing each edge specifically.
tatteredking is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Titanhoss

Old March 19th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Well, to clarify what I was thinking so it comes across better.
For the race elf, give them a bonus edge of type X... set up type X edges as being the different plant heritage choices... (similar to if they were to be given a bonus Arcane Background edge, or Weird edge etc) then when you chose elf, the bonus edge should grey out any choices but type X. Standard validation for edges would flag the race as still having to choose an edge of type X if one isn't chosen (just like on creation it tells you if you still have an edge to choose)

Hope that helps,

Titanhoss
Titanhoss is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanhoss View Post
For the race elf, give them a bonus edge of type X...
Titanhoss
this is precisely what i can't remember how to do
tatteredking is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 19th, 2012, 10:19 PM
It just got easier, King. Rob came up with an elegant solution, and we're including it in this release.

It allows you to create a race that will activate the faction (or group) chooser and populate it with a custom set of Factions that you can attach the Edges to.

So, as long as you aren't already using both Group and Factions in the campaign (one must be available for use) you can use this.

When the Race is selected, the Faction window pops up and lets them choose which one they want to belong to. And that will bootstrap the Edge you want.
CapedCrusader is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:02 AM
OK, so, as I have the Sundered Skies files written so that the Faction field is used for your deity, and dictates what powers are available from your deity, is there another field for deity now? I know we had discussed two faction fields...one for deity and one for a faction. Or can you take two factions?

One way or another I'll have to do some overhauling of the files.

I guess it could be overlooked if you could take more than one Faction....but as it is....SUndered Skies has different Gods...which I have dictated using Factions....Different Factions....which open up new Edges when you join them....and then the different racial heritages for Elves and Wildlings.
tatteredking is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 21st, 2012, 01:05 AM
There are Groups now, which are basically a clone of Factions. It allows another set of affiliations to be stored for a character. Check out the Setting Adjustments to enable them, and you can add Groups in the Editor.
CapedCrusader is offline   #30 Reply With Quote