Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mergon

Old September 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
ShadowChemoshL

I'll look at this soon as I have a chance. Currently preparing for a Saturday night game session. Thx a lot.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 22nd, 2018, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
How does a person gain access to these Boons? A feat, template, race or something else?
Yeah, sorry Shadow didn't mean to muddy the water earlier. I was trying to figure out how to force findchild to treat the variable he's using for the tagexpression correctly. I remember that sometimes the functions don't like to be passed a variable so you have to use another function to push the string held by the variable, but I don't remember how I did it before.

The boons are granted by a demon, so some debate on how people want to add them is probably making it murky. I think Mergon is making these as a variant of Epic Boons.

I've decided to go a different route so I'm backing off. I got some traction today with my Adjustment calling a Configurable that allows you to pick a couple of Racial Abilities that have a Custom tag for it to list. I'm not sure I would allow multiple boons but my way right now would easily grab the uservalue from the adjustment to use as the number of racials granted by passing it to the configurable.
dungeonguru is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't normally allow someone to have more than one Demonic Boon myself. Hiwever, some of my players are quite crafty and my pull off something sneaky (yet again) and end up with two.

I can see at least one of my plauers playing one demon off another and gettign the benefit of two boons for the duration.

In my opinion, Epic Boons are the best way to go with such Boons; mostly because, much like Epic Boons, they are normally granted by beings of power.

Mergon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:26 PM
The configurable can be bootstrapped to anything at this point without issues. In addition you could have a person select multiple demon lords from the configurable. The only thing then is another script maybe needed to append the demon lord name to the Ability Adjustment so a gamer has a easy time figuring out which ability score boost goes with which demon lord.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:30 PM
My game session got called for tonight. The tornado's in the region yesterday still have some of my players without power.

Thus, I've been trying to get my head around the coding you created. Once I do, this should go straight forward.

Right now I am just trying to convert what you created to an Epic Boon instead of an Adjustment.

Once I get one working, the others will be straight forward. The other abilities that gp with a Demonic Boon are straight forward. I just lost my sample when I lost the contents of that hard drive. :/

Shouldn't take me long to re-create.

Mergon is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Right now I am just trying to convert what you created to an Epic Boon instead of an Adjustment.
The adjustment I provided is just a method to get the Configurable live on the character. You simply need to bootstrap the configurable to whatever a Epic Boon is. I honestly have no idea if that is a feat, ability, etc..

The idea is you just need some Thing else to bootstrap the configurable to that a gamer will add to the hero.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:46 PM
Epic Boons are an option in 5E. Usually gained by gaining 50,000 xp above and beyond 20th level (or as a major DM reward.

Shadow, do you have a DnDBeyond account? If so, I can email you a link to a blank campaign I share among my players. If you create a character, you'll have access to all my materials on the site. I purchased the Ultimate Pack that gives me everything up toMordenkainen's. Let me know if you want access.

Btw, you can create a free account on DnDBeyond that lets you create up to 6 characters.

Mergon is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Shadow, do you have a DnDBeyond account? If so, I can email you a link to a blank campaign I share among my players. If you create a character, you'll have access to all my materials on the site. I purchased the Ultimate Pack that gives me everything up toMordenkainen's. Let me know if you want access.
I do not but I appreciate the offer. I currently have no plans to really do anything with 5E. I know HL so I try help here but the actual game is not one I or my players play.

Currently we are doing the PF2 playtest and Starfinder....

Thank you though...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:08 PM
I have a HLO active account. Unfortunately I have not been impressed with PF2 so far. I absolutely hate what they did to races. A lot of other stuff is great mind you.

As it is, when we play PF, the group wants to stick with the original Pathfinder.

Mergon is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:19 PM
Ok, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, but when I drop you .user file into my directory, everything seems to work, except I can't chose Ability Score values . . .

Mergon is offline   #20 Reply With Quote