Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM
For every one person we were able to include in the Beta, five-plus had to be left out. So it was not easy paring down the list.

We'll definitely be increasing the size of the Beta team when we start phase 2 of the Beta, then again when we start phase 3. So don't lose hope!
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Fubbles the Baby Cow

Old January 13th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Rob, any idea (roughly) of when round 2 might begin?
Fubbles the Baby Cow is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubbles the Baby Cow View Post
Rob, any idea (roughly) of when round 2 might begin?
The start of Phase 2 is not clear at this point. It depends heavily on the feedback we get during Phase 1. Since Realm Works is breaking a lot of new ground, there are many areas where we aren't sure whether we've done an awesome job or missed the mark completely. We'll be starting Phase 2 after we've addressed the areas where we've missed the mark completely, so the timing depends on how many of those areas there are.

Our best *guess* right now is that Phase 2 will start in early April. It might be earlier, or it might be May or even June, though.
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
morkalg

Old January 20th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Rob,

Just wondering about when we might expect the software to beta test? I got accepted for the first round and can't wait to get started!!! Have a new game coming up soon.
morkalg is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2012, 03:04 AM
We had planned to get all the details to everyone in Beta 1 by the end of last week. However, the Beta agreement is still going through (hopefully its last) iteration with the lawyer. Once that's done, the paperwork will go out and then we should have the software released to the Beta team by the end of the month. Of course, there's always the chance something major could go sideways in the next 10 days, since we're still getting stuff ready, but that's the plan. Stay tuned for an update tomorrow....
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old January 20th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Looking forward to it as well. My latest Shadowrun adventure is about 60% complete so far, and about 20 pages. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of that I can get into Realm Works, and helping you guys identify bugs / fixes.
Murrdox is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 20th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Who can I bribe to get me access to Realm Works I seem to be picking up a new campaign for an existing group or new group every week. Soon I'm going to have to give up working and going to school!
TehBagder is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old January 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Awesome. I was starting to worry that the ND agreement got lost in my junk mail or something.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBagder View Post
Who can I bribe to get me access to Realm Works I seem to be picking up a new campaign for an existing group or new group every week. Soon I'm going to have to give up working and going to school!
You can sign up for the Beta via the link provided in our last newsletter (accessible from our main website). The Beta 1 team has already been selected, but we'll be increasing the size for Beta 2 in a few months, so you can potentially get in when we start the next round.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old January 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Having worked with ND agreements in the past I say how much of a pain in the #$&@ they are to get right.

They have the issue of it being an agreement with the GM, and their gaming group or groups.

And as they didn't advertise who was in the first beta, I'm sure we not supposed to say if we got into it or not

Though if you didn't get in, but one of your gaming group did, then you might still be able to help with the beta depending on the first release scope.

And if you did get in, find out what format of feedback they need.

I am expecting a basic report document to submit after each game session run noting down what worked and what didn't, how you used it, what preparation stuff you did with the tool before the session and what changes you did after the session.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote