Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

SAbel

Old August 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I am includeding a PDF file with screen shots of the different tabs for you all. If you go to about 200% upto 300% it is readable.

Hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HL L5R.pdf (694.9 KB, 78 views)
SAbel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Looks good so far, I have added mine to the d6 Star Wars thread in response so you can see what I have achieved so far.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
orewashinigamiza

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Wow Sean, this is absolutely stunning. A few questions:

Did you hard-code the data or create the forms then use the editor to add it in?
Do the skills have the mastery abilities noted in them?
Are the schools tagged with the school tags?

How can I help you? I think I can figure out how to code the wounds in, that shouldn't be too bad. Insight rank shouldn't be too bad either, after all it's just an abstraction of data that is already there.

An idea with the different school advantage is to have all schools have a clan tag...then have the different school advantage specify a clan (either through a drop box on the advantage or through a picker window), which then appends the schools that have the new clan's tag on it to the list of available schools.
orewashinigamiza is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old September 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Orewashinigamiza,
(now thats a a type full) I am using the program EditPad Pro to do the programming, I have the masterskills in a file but I am not sure how to get them into the program, I have not made teh insight tracker work yet (thats a stage two item, for work when the system does leveling up and journals ect)
All schools, families, clans have tags in them. Here is an example of the Hida School included the Green is not active in the program
to break down the screen
Orange is for the XML to read/look
Blue is screen print text
Green is not "seen" in the program.

** of course as I look at that I do not have a tag for the school I have the Clan tag and "start" which was an attempt to have starting equipment load But auto load items cant be deleted off of a character so that has been set aside for now
I do have a compset for schools.

* I am up for any help people can give me to get this running. The best would be if AEG would say that they would like to work with Lone Wolf as the other companies have and then the Pros could make short work of this But AEG does not see the value in having a character generator, storage, tarcking, in game management program. YET but I keep hoping.

When everyone is ready to rock we can all start cracking code.

Sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L5R.jpg (168.5 KB, 30 views)
SAbel is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old September 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hey everyone,
I am still attempting to have advantages and disadvantages work from the CP total (ie Adv will take points away and Dis will add to the CP point total)
I have tracked it down to the Traits.str file lines (about) 274-301 which look like this (still using the slot from the skeleton files):
<!-- Each ability that is added by the user costs 1 CP -->
<eval index="1" phase="Setup" priority="5000"><![CDATA[
~we must ignore bootstrapped abilities from races and abilities added via advances
if (isuser + origin.ishero >= 2) then
hero.child[resAbility].field[resSpent].value += 1
endif
]]></eval>

<!-- Track the ability on the actor -->
<eval index="2" phase="Setup" priority="5000"><![CDATA[
perform forward[Ability.?]
]]></eval>

<!-- If the ability is activated, designate it appropriately -->
<eval index="3" phase="Setup" priority="100"><![CDATA[
~if we're not able to be activated, we don't qualify
if (tagis[User.Activation] = 0) then
done
endif

~if we've been activated by the user, mark ourselves as activated; in addition,
~forward our identity tag to our parent actor; this allows the actor to track
~when abilities are activated and reflect the state to the user
if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
perform assign[Helper.Activated]
perform forward[Activated.?]
endif
]]></eval>
and I think I can modify the skills eval to work but I need to know how to make HL read the value assigned by the advantage/disadvangate instead of auto calc by level of skill. This is a 1 time cost to the player *** also can i make one script that would allow adv to use CP points and DISAD to add points to the total or must I sperate them?

Here is my skill eval on cost:
<!-- Each skill point that is allocated by the user costs the next rank in CP-->

<eval index="2" phase="Traits" priority="10000">
<before name="Calc resLeft"/>
<after name="Bound trtUser"/><![CDATA[
~if this skill is not added directly to the hero (i.e. an advance), skip it entirely
if (origin.ishero = 0) then
done
endif

var traitlevel as number
var traitcost as number
var finalvalue as number

traitlevel = field[trtUser].value
traitcost = 1

finalvalue = traitcost / 2 * (traitlevel * traitlevel + traitlevel)

hero.child[resCP].field[resSpent].value += finalvalue
]]></eval>

Thanks for any help
SAbel is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
orewashinigamiza

Old September 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Sorry, I'm not reading code to clearly at the moment, this looks a bit complicated. Might be because it's early though. My suggestion is to keep it simple. If advantages take away from the value then they should be a positive number (if you're adding all the costs up). This would mean disadvantages should be a negative value, since they subtract from the total spent.

You'll also want to keep a running tab of all the disadvantage points spent, which is probably best done using abs().

One other option is to do it like this when you declare cp as a trait.

var advantages as number
var disadvantages as number
var characterpoints as number

characterpoints = advantages - disadvantages

The code is a little off, but I think you get the point.
orewashinigamiza is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old September 20th, 2011, 04:06 PM
It makes logical sense that when a player adds an advantage that it cost them (x value) for each advantage based on the advantage and then the adding of disadvantages would add to the total CP value based on (x value) of how bad the disadvantage is. Unfortunately I am stuck with how to create a (I think) tag that list the value of each advantage and disadvantage that the program can read and then add a positive or negative value.
I am sure that in the traits.str I have to adjust the cost of these and I need to add a value line tag to each adv/dis but I am not figuring out were this should and how it will go.
I am stuck here and at many points, with little time to work (and I spend a lot of my time attempting to remeber how I did stuff originally).
I will keep trying.
BUT I always am happy for help.
SAbel is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old September 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Add a field to the advantages / disadvantage object for cost. Then when adding it, you can take from the cost value instead of a base generic value and you should be able to easily add or remove them with the correct point cost.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
AnarchoPunk

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:28 AM
I am very interested in this idea. However, I am NOT a programmer. Nor am I particularly likely to develop this skillset in the near future. Once upon a time I thought about it, but I suspect I would be challenged just adding a new class to an existing Pathfinder data set.

I have a couple of ideas on how to get this rolling, however:

1) Get a programmer to build the framework, and farm out data entry to people (such as myself) to do the time-consuming low-skill portions.

2) Or, take up a collection to support this programming effort. If enough people were willing to throw some money at it, I bet more people would be motivated to solve this.

Please don't interpret this as slighting current efforts; I merely am looking for ways the less computer-skilled can help.
AnarchoPunk is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old April 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Those are great ideas, I think if we could get enough people to write letters or a pertition to AEG to inform them how much we the gamers would like this in place, that would get the ball rolling.
I have attempted, to speak with AEG and send letters along with post on their forums, I am only one voice and a very few people have supported the effort to have a character builder/storage system in place. I think that it would also benifit their Heros of Rokugan group so that people had "leagal characters" as for that live group, but again I have not found the support.
If AEG would meet and open negotiations with Lone Wolf this succer would be DONE.

I am also not a program, art person yes programer is bad

When I get time again I will get back to attempt to make what I have work.

Sean
SAbel is offline   #20 Reply With Quote