Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

TiguriusMarius

Old October 16th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Please remember that the team of volunteers who build the 40K files coordinate their work at www.ab40k.org Any announcements will be posted there earlier than they'll be posted on this forum.
Thanks for the update Mathias. I will be sure to look here from now on. Think I missed the stickie on this...
TiguriusMarius is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM
The Space Marine files are being worked on, and have been for some time. The guys working on them are volunteers who have a life outside of creating the files, and the new codex requires pretty much a ground up rewrite. It has gone through a couple of rounds of internal testing and issues are being worked on before they can be released. There isn't an ETA, it's a "when it's done" and that's all I can say on it right now.

And it's not just the Space Marine codex being worked on. What many of you may not be aware of is how this impacts other lists - for instance, Imperial Armour lists that share units with the Marines, other Marine variant codexes that partially share units; these have to be worked on too, it's not just a case of slapping together a few files for one codex.

Also to address Kikasstou's post - the volunteer groups who create the files do not get paid. When you pay for AB, you pay for the software itself.

And to mabbs - I don't work for Lone Wolf, if you have issues with how they advertise their software then address it to them, not me. I'm simply a volunteer who helps out the AB40k guys, nothing more. See how it says "Volunteer Data File Author" under my name, not "Lone Wolf" like staff members have. And if you bothered to check the FAQ on the LW site in the AB section, it says:

Quote:
3. When will data files for game system XYZ be completed/updated?

Unfortunately, this is a question we simply can't answer. Data files for most game systems are written by volunteers. These volunteers work diligently to complete the data files as quickly as possible and keep them updated. We supporting the authors to the best of our ability, but the completion of data files is ultimately outside of our control.
which makes it pretty clear that LW don't create the files themselves, and are therefore not part of the AB software.

Any announcements about file releases will be on http://www.ab40k.org and the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ab40kmaintainers (announcements from the forum site are normally automatically posted to FB within an hour or so).

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers

Last edited by Spack; October 16th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Spack is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
4theEmperor!

Old October 16th, 2013, 08:49 PM
To the data file authors: Thanks for the work you guys (and gals I presume) put in! I also think army builder is the best thing to hit 40k and miniatures gaming since paint!!

Last edited by 4theEmperor!; October 18th, 2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: tact
4theEmperor! is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Kloud13

Old October 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Yes! I am a "Fan Boy".... or rather, "This Man is a Fan" of Armybuilder.

And Yes! Our "Ass Kissing" is worth ALOT more than your Whining.

Don't believe me? Well, you go and try out the Army Builder Creator program, (that is included with your purchase of Army Builder.) And begin writing in the Space Marine codex into the Army Builder program by yourself. Keep at it for a couple hours, and after that, once you have realized you are completely screwed, remember that the guys writing the files for the rest of us are not paid to do it either.

Then you will realize that those little kisses on the ass, is the only currency we have to pay for the good work the volunteers do.
Kloud13 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old October 21st, 2013, 07:04 AM
Yeah, new dex made a lot of changes and alterations to the old. So we just have to be patient, sure it's a bit of a pain but hey, as said you can always try and write it yourself. Apoc has now been 2 months with no update, but I'm sure that's again because it's vastly different from the old version. Keep it up people, you do great work and thanks.
jboweruk is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
El_Jairo

Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
I'm wondering if there is anything we could do? I thought there is some kind of alfa testing or beta testing.

I believe it would be nice to hear about progress too because now everybody is anxious about the new codex and without news this does hurt the image of AB.
El_Jairo is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
The Emperor

Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
...aaannnddd it's up!
The Emperor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Hialmar

Old October 26th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I thought I had updated/imported and it tells me the files have been updated but when I go to open program and try to create a Space Marine list all I see is the previous version, no changes have been made at all.

Anyone else having this problem?
Hialmar is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Make sure you select Codex Space Marines from the race list, the reference to Space Marines further down is the old 5th ed list and will be removed in the next update.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #29 Reply With Quote