Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old April 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Is there a way within a script to trigger the "Heal" button on the In-Play tab?
Sendric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
If you want to heal all damage and clear the history, you can

call DmgReset

if you want to heal X amount of damage, you can set the value of the hero field "tDamage" or "tNonlethal" and then

call DmgHeal
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Aaron, those procedures have scripttype="trigger". I doubt they'll compile in an eval script - I'm pretty sure they can only be used within the trigger script on a button.

(Users can't add a new button).
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
(Users can't add a new button).
Though many of us wish we could! Or at least be able to access a listener class!
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks, Aaron. Unfortunately, it appears as though Mathias is correct. That command doesn't compile. Is there a way for me to see the code that is run by the command "call DmgHeal" or a way to trick the program into thinking a button was triggered?
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Why don't you explain what you're trying to accomplish - you've run into a roadblock down the first path you tried going down, let's backtrack and see if there's a different way.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I was attempting to take another stab at Wild Shape as others have as well. Instead of templates, though, I was trying to use a custom ability. So far I've actually made very good progress. The one catch is the healing part (in 3.5, when you use Wild Shape, you heal as if you had rested). The usual method of healing doesn't work in this case, because every time you remove the custom ability, the healed hit points are lost. I couldn't figure out a way to keep them in a script, but I did manage to figure out how to change the tDamage field allowing a player to then permanently add those points by triggering the heal button. Since this is a manual thing, it lends itself to player forgetfulness so I was hoping there was a way to do it automatically and remove that element.

If you have a better way, I'm all ears.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I can't think of any way to accomplish that without the ability to create a new button, which isn't available to users.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Yea, I'll probably just go with what I have and hope users figure it out.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I've been slowly working on a general change shape, alter shape, etc. abilities that allow choices from a list of valid creatures. Unfortunately, I've hit a few snags, and I'm still working on it off an on (I find when I step away a while, I get a new approach and take a stab again). If I can just get the majority of stuff to auto-calc, that would be great. My biggest problem is getting all the bootstraps from the chosen form to the hero. I'll eventually get it, I'm sure I will, but it's not going to happen soon. Too many projects to complete, not enough hours in the day.
Kendall-DM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote