Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

kturock

Old June 27th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I know you say wait a month, well it's been that and a few days. So.. are we there yet? ;-)
kturock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JusticarGames

Old June 28th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Hopefully soon! :-D
JusticarGames is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old July 4th, 2014, 02:52 PM
An answer would be nice, even if it is we're working on it.
I guess in the mean time, I'll use the free Battlescribe app. It's already updated. I guess it must be a simplier to code as it's already done.
kturock is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Opus

Old July 16th, 2014, 07:12 AM
This is just me, but I have a feeling there are other people out there that feel the same way. I paid for this product for the sole purpose of using it with WH40k. I know that the files are maintained by volunteers. However, it is taking so long to get the 7th edition rules out that I am about to start looking elsewhere. This will effect Lone Wolf directly, because if I get use to using another product, I will not be renewing next time around. The folks at ab40k say that they cannot get enough volunteers. Perhaps it might be beneficial to Lone Wolf if they lent a helping hand getting 7th off of the ground. I am a software engineer and have sympathy for everyone involved, but I am not going to pay for a product I cannot use.

In any case, some kind of communication with the users would extend my patience. I know that "it will be ready when it is ready", but a weekly progress report of some kind (it doesn't have to be detailed or have specific dates) would be awesome.
Opus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old July 16th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
This is just me, but I have a feeling there are other people out there that feel the same way. I paid for this product for the sole purpose of using it with WH40k. I know that the files are maintained by volunteers. However, it is taking so long to get the 7th edition rules out that I am about to start looking elsewhere. This will effect Lone Wolf directly, because if I get use to using another product, I will not be renewing next time around. The folks at ab40k say that they cannot get enough volunteers. Perhaps it might be beneficial to Lone Wolf if they lent a helping hand getting 7th off of the ground. I am a software engineer and have sympathy for everyone involved, but I am not going to pay for a product I cannot use.

In any case, some kind of communication with the users would extend my patience. I know that "it will be ready when it is ready", but a weekly progress report of some kind (it doesn't have to be detailed or have specific dates) would be awesome.
Please read the forums. It has been discussed in many threads that Lonewolf CANNOT lend a hand as that would open them to legal action by GW.

Lonewolf has provided everything that the purchased license outlined. All users are free to create the files they want using the Built in ABCreator toolset. Files from the maintainer group will be provided when they are ready. We cannot speed this process up, and not all files are promised as the cost to own the rules are quickly becoming unrealistic for a single person to own.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old July 16th, 2014, 09:31 AM
I can understand that 7th ed will be done as time permits.
What I don't understand is why there has been an update to 6th ed since 7th ed.'s release?

If you only have a limited number of volunteers and time; why is it used [wasted] on updating an old version and nothing has been released for the current version?
kturock is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Old July 16th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kturock View Post
I can understand that 7th ed will be done as time permits.
What I don't understand is why there has been an update to 6th ed since 7th ed.'s release?

If you only have a limited number of volunteers and time; why is it used [wasted] on updating an old version and nothing has been released for the current version?
What 7th edition functionality are you specifically looking for?

jlong05 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old July 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM
As a necron player, the change that CCB is now a chariot. Also that only the overlord, and none of the other named lords, can take the CCB as a vehicle.
Just for a start.
I haven't reviewed any of my other armies; space marines, eldar, deamons; to see what they ned to change.
I presume that none of them have the new spells available.
kturock is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Old July 16th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kturock View Post
As a necron player, the change that CCB is now a chariot. Also that only the overlord, and none of the other named lords, can take the CCB as a vehicle.
Just for a start.
I haven't reviewed any of my other armies; space marines, eldar, deamons; to see what they ned to change.
I presume that none of them have the new spells available.
I will have to review the necron changes. Hopefully I can get those addressed. However, as an example. I personally do not own 7th ed yet.

jlong05 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old July 16th, 2014, 03:03 PM
All of the necron changes I mentioned are in the FAQ at GW's site.
The volunteers for Battlescribe have updated it a couple times already for 7th. I don't if that program is any easier to program.
kturock is offline   #10 Reply With Quote