Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

theeaterofshades

Old October 8th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

I need to convert magic items and am not sure how to do it now. Examples are
+2 moderate fortification studded leather armor
+3 Wild darkwood heavy wooden sheild
and a legendary +3 scimitar undead bane that has intelligence

how I remember doing this years ago is does not seem to be working. Is there a tutorial/instructions to walk us through?4
theeaterofshades is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 9th, 2020, 12:34 AM
You are talking about two game systems by different companies. Neither is likely to have produced a conversion guide. Try doing a google search on conversion... I'm sure a few people have written something. Otherwise try searching WotC forums/website for a 3.5 to 5th conversion. (This sounds like a rules question not a HL problem?)
If you are talking about how to load a HL PF character into HL 5th, then you can't. You'd have to recreate the character & equipment in 5th as best you can.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; October 9th, 2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Clarity
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
theeaterofshades

Old October 9th, 2020, 04:55 AM
I am asking how to enter custom magic items. I can only figure out how to add the pluses not other abilities. So how to create magic items with other enchantments is what I am asking about
theeaterofshades is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 9th, 2020, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
You are talking about two game systems by different companies. Neither is likely to have produced a conversion guide. Try doing a google search on conversion... I'm sure a few people have written something. Otherwise try searching WotC forums/website for a 3.5 to 5th conversion. (This sounds like a rules question not a HL problem?)
If you are talking about how to load a HL PF character into HL 5th, then you can't. You'd have to recreate the character & equipment in 5th as best you can.
WotC did produce a conversion guide, for old editions to 5e... since pathfinder is a 3.5ish system, you could use that conversion guide to do the job.

As far as equipment goes, it basically says to swap out equipment for fifth edition equivalents.

Just run a websearch for converting old editions to 5th edition, you'll find the pdf file up at the top of your search.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
theeaterofshades

Old October 9th, 2020, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
WotC did produce a conversion guide, for old editions to 5e... since pathfinder is a 3.5ish system, you could use that conversion guide to do the job.

As far as equipment goes, it basically says to swap out equipment for fifth edition equivalents.

Just run a websearch for converting old editions to 5th edition, you'll find the pdf file up at the top of your search.
I guess i am not being clear... I am moreso asking how to get things besides the pluses added to items within the generator. I can not see where to add aditional enchantments to items.
theeaterofshades is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 9th, 2020, 04:32 PM
Well in the HL 5e it is kinda weird to me, but you add one of the "encahntments" as a item and then inside it, it gives options of the weapon or armor you wish to attach to it. Unlike HL's PF system it doesn't offer a "custom weapon" option. If you just use +? weapon and add notes to it that could work, otherwise you will need to use the editor and perhaps copy one of the things that emulates an "enchatment" and add more to it.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 9th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
I am asking how to enter custom magic items. I can only figure out how to add the pluses not other abilities. So how to create magic items with other enchantments is what I am asking about
That's what the editor is for. Load it up, make your base item and add 5th edition equivalent abilities - or create your own based on the d20 ones. Look at existing items in the editor to see how they are made to give you ideas.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote