Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

eeyore1968

Old September 2nd, 2017, 07:39 AM
When you take the feat Spell Mastery, HL asks you for a domain, but has no way to choose which spells you have mastered. I have no idea what the domain is for.

It's especially a shame, since the Green Ronin feat Greater Spell Mastery has an elaborate Eval Script to give the spells you can't choose a one level break on metamagic costs.

It looks like someone asked this question about four years ago and never got an answer.
eeyore1968 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 2nd, 2017, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1968 View Post
When you take the feat Spell Mastery, HL asks you for a domain, but has no way to choose which spells you have mastered. I have no idea what the domain is for.
"domain" is not a Cleric Domain or any gaming term. Its asking for you type in the spell name into the text box next to the feat. This is the feats "domain" its asking you to fill out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old September 2nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
"domain" is not a Cleric Domain or any gaming term. Its asking for you type in the spell name into the text box next to the feat. This is the feats "domain" its asking you to fill out.
That's a terrible way to do something that's going to have multiple entries, like Spell Mastery. Given that you master a number of spells equal to your Int bonus, there isn't enough space to enter even half the number of spells that most wizards will need to.
eeyore1968 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old September 2nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
I'm trying to use the Metamagic Mitigation adjustment as a work around for a character that has Greater Spell Mastery, and I'm having problems with that, too. The character has levels in Arcanist and Wizard. The only spells I can select for the adjustment are the Arcanist spells that are prepared. I can't select any Arcanist spells in his spellbook that aren't prepared, and I can't select Wizard spells at all. If deselect a spell from the Arcanist prepared list, its adjustment disappears. If I prepare a Wizard spell that is also a prepared Arcanist spell with the adjustment, it does not benefit from the adjustment.

I looked at the adjustment in the editor, but I'm not sure what this bit of the script is doing:

~ Set search expression for all spells
field[pCandExpr].text = "component.BaseSpell & !Hide.Spell & !portal.ClsBook & CasterType.?"
eeyore1968 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 2nd, 2017, 09:02 PM
Given the revision to the way Spellbooks work, what about implementing the Feat as a "virtual spellbook"? Then you could just drag the appropriate number of spells into it.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old September 3rd, 2017, 05:35 AM
This morning, I can select both wizard and arcanist spells with Metamagic Mitigation; I'm not sure what I'm doing differently, but obviously something. I can still only select prepared spells, which doesn't seem right, but it may be the only way to do it.
eeyore1968 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old September 3rd, 2017, 06:18 AM
Oh, I see. Metamagic Mitigation only works if you prepare a spell with a metamagic feat, and then select that modified spell with the adjustment. I was assuming that it worked like the Magical Lineage trait.
eeyore1968 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2017, 07:58 AM
Honestly I don't see why this wasn't implemented with a checkbox on spells known and a resource that tracks how many spells you gain mastery of? The checkbox can be self hidden and only show itself if the feat is present on the hero... The checkbox field could then spend the resource for each time its checked off. I guess they just didn't have time to do it back when they made the source code.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Honestly I don't see why this wasn't implemented with a checkbox on spells known and a resource that tracks how many spells you gain mastery of? The checkbox can be self hidden and only show itself if the feat is present on the hero... The checkbox field could then spend the resource for each time its checked off. I guess they just didn't have time to do it back when they made the source code.
I had expected that it would be done in a separate tab, as Skill Mastery is.
eeyore1968 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Harrycanyon

Old August 22nd, 2019, 10:12 PM
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but the problem with Skill Mastery in Pathfinder is still an issue with Hero Lab for Mac, ver: 8.8.9. (Don't have access to any other configurations.)

When the Spell Mastery feat is selected, a text field appears to the right of it. However, the text field only allows 60 characters. This is not enough space to enter the names of multiple spells. (Try entering 5 spells if the character has an Int of 20. :-) )

BTW: If this isn't the best place to bring this up. Where should I file a bug report?
Harrycanyon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote