Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old November 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Anyone ever created a magic item that offers a selection of feats? My GM has a magic item that grants one of the feats below:

- Your choice of one of the following feats: Acrobatic, Agile, Alertness, Animal Affinity, Athletic, Deceitful, Deft Hands, Diligent, Investigator, Magical Aptitude, Negotiator, Nimble Fingers, Persuasive, Self-Sufficient, or Stealthy.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Wouldn't be too hard. Make a Helper.Helper feat that gives a choice of the feats listed (I would normally assign a User tag to each to make it easy to select, but assuming you don't want to recreate each feat and replace it, you can make the tag expression "thingid.fAcrobat | thingid.fAgile | thingid.fAlert | ... | thingid.Stealthy". Then I would bootstrap the Helper feat to the magic item so that when it is on a character, it gives that character a choice of these feats. It won't appear on the item, but it will appear in the Feat list as a chooser. You'll just have to be careful to remove the feat from the character when you decide to remove the magic item.

Should be clear as mud. Bah, hopefully that is understandable.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
I actually understood most of that. I'll give it a shot.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote