Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:50 PM
It looks like we will be getting these very soon.
dartnet is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 24th, 2015, 05:04 AM
LoneWolf has said SFC should be releasing this month. SPC2 presumably will be not too far behind. In the meantime you could try downloading the my file from the link above to fill in. (Just select both SPC and the SPC2 settings on Character Config to get it to work). It's not perfect and there are some issues I expect should be fixed with an official release but it may serve to tide you over until we get a good version from LoneWolf... at least it's worked well enough for the games I've run with it, anyway. If you do use it and see any issues please feel free to let me know and I'll fix it up (if I can.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old September 24th, 2015, 06:57 AM
No, you're right. The Super Powers Companion 2.0 will be out after the Science Fiction Companion (which is supposedly soon, though I'm starting to get a bit cynical here). You won't pay extra for them though; the package you bought already covers their costs, whenever they finally get here.
Paragon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old September 24th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
LoneWolf has said SFC should be releasing this month. SPC2 presumably will be not too far behind. In the meantime you could try downloading the my file from the link above to fill in. (Just select both SPC and the SPC2 settings on Character Config to get it to work). It's not perfect and there are some issues I expect should be fixed with an official release but it may serve to tide you over until we get a good version from LoneWolf... at least it's worked well enough for the games I've run with it, anyway. If you do use it and see any issues please feel free to let me know and I'll fix it up (if I can.)
Yeah, its got some warts but its usable.
Paragon is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
David Anderson

Old September 28th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I'm a newbie to the HL thing, and I've never installed a user created file. I downloaded the file for the interim Super Powers 2.0 but I couldn't get them to work. If it's not too much trouble, how does one install it and what settings do you need to put up to use it?
David Anderson is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old October 3rd, 2015, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
I'm a newbie to the HL thing, and I've never installed a user created file. I downloaded the file for the interim Super Powers 2.0 but I couldn't get them to work. If it's not too much trouble, how does one install it and what settings do you need to put up to use it?
Okay, this takes a little bit of work, so stay with me here.

1. Download the file and double click it. This should open up the Hero Lab import feature.

2. Now navigate to ProgramData/Hero Lab/data/savage. (The ProgramData folder is hidden by default, so you may have to change that setting).

3. Open the SPC2.user file in a text editor. I use Notepad++, which is free.

4. Search for "wp2MiniTor."

You're looking for a block of code that looks like this:
Code:
  <thing id="wp2MiniTor" name="Mini Torpedo" compset="SpecWeap" uniqueness="useronce">
    <fieldval field="wpDamage" value="4d10"/>
    <fieldval field="wpShort" value="150"/>
    <fieldval field="wpMedium" value="300"/>
    <fieldval field="wpLong" value="600"/>
    <fieldval field="wpShots" value="1"/>
    <fieldval field="wpPiercing" value="40"/>
    <usesource source="SPC2"/>
    <tag group="Weapon" tag="MedBurst" name="Medium Burst Template" abbrev="Medium Burst Template"/>
    <tag group="WeaponType" tag="SpecMissil"/>
    <tag group="Weapon" tag="HvyWeapon"/>
    <pickreq thing="armBDArm1"/>
    </thing>
See the line:
Code:
    <pickreq thing="armBDArm1"/>
Erase that entire line and save the file.

5. Open up Hero Lab again. You shouldn't get any errors. When you configure your hero, select the "Super Powers Companion 2" source. Things hsould now work.
Save-vs-DM is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 3rd, 2015, 06:14 PM
I'll double-check but the current version shouldn't have a problem for that line in it at all so all you should need to do is double-click the file to automatically install it then on the Configure Hero screen you need to not just select SPC2 but you must also select the original Super Powers Companion as well. If you did not purchase the original SPC then my SPC2 file simply won't work for you.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 11th, 2015, 06:25 PM
I've got a lot of the work done for the SPC 2nd Edition already. (1/2 - 2/3 done)

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 12th, 2015, 03:35 AM
I forgot to check on this,but I've now fixed the Mini Torpedo so if you download the file from the original location again that shouldn't be a problem. Just let me know when you run into errors like that and I can get them fixed up for everyone. Although when CC's official version comes out I'll be deleting this version from availability. This one is a bit of a kludge anyway until that one gets here.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
JDCoop

Old October 30th, 2015, 10:19 PM
So is this the reason that I cannot make 4-color superheroes? If I install the data file zarlor has created will that allow me to create superheroes with power points for the different campaign levels?

Thanks.
JDCoop is offline   #20 Reply With Quote