Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

pjrake

Old August 27th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I want to add a longsword +1 (to Fighting and Damage). How can I do that using the Savage Worlds setting?

-PJ
pjrake is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lowlight

Old August 30th, 2010, 02:26 AM
You need to use the Hero Lab Editor. You can get to it by opening it up from the main menu of your Hero Lab Interface (Tools -> Launch Editor). Once there, you could easily create something like a "+1 Longsword" by finding a similar item in the editor ("New(Copy)" button) while under the "Hand Weapon" tab, change/edit the details to match your "+1 longsword", save the settings and then click the "Test Now!" button to test the item/load it into your game system. Once done right, you should be able to see it in your list of equipment you want to assign. For more info, you really should look over the Help guide included with the editor.
lowlight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
pjrake

Old August 30th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
You need to use the Hero Lab Editor. You can get to it by opening it up from the main menu of your Hero Lab Interface (Tools -> Launch Editor). Once there, you could easily create something like a "+1 Longsword" by finding a similar item in the editor ("New(Copy)" button) while under the "Hand Weapon" tab, change/edit the details to match your "+1 longsword", save the settings and then click the "Test Now!" button to test the item/load it into your game system. Once done right, you should be able to see it in your list of equipment you want to assign. For more info, you really should look over the Help guide included with the editor.
It worked! Thanks so much!

-PJ
pjrake is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 31st, 2012, 07:42 AM
Not sure if this is the best place for this thread (seemed to fit, but may be answered elswhere)
Is there a method for printing out mastercrafted / magical weapons (or armors for that matter) that have "effects" as detailed in their descriptions on the character sheet? ie as a "select" option in the print feature like the Dossiers already does for spells? The weapons' (old and added) attack modifiers naturally appear, but not anything else.
Thanks in advance
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 30th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Reserrection of this thread

Still is there a way to print weapon detaild as defined above??? Oath Bow comes to mind off the top of my head
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 30th, 2013, 07:47 AM
The only way I know of is through the use of Custom Output. I have one that prints most everything I could find at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qog55qn94o...eet_savage.zip (just unzip it to your customoutput folder, mine is at: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\customoutput\savage, if that helps to find it.) It's not pretty and, if you can deal with the XML, you may want to pare it down to only the item stuff but it is usable. I don't know enough about XML or really have the tools to make it all nice and purty like the custom sheets you can get for Pathfinder, unfortunately. And I've yet to find someone with the skills that would be willing to fix it up, so that's about the best I can do with it for now.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM
The main sheets now print out any special modifiers listed for the weapon. Using the magic weapon tabs in the Fantasy Companion also gives more flexibility.
CapedCrusader is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
The main sheets now print out any special modifiers listed for the weapon. Using the magic weapon tabs in the Fantasy Companion also gives more flexibility.
Disagree, they do not print out the discriptors such as displayed when "hovering" over the "?" mark in the tab.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2013, 08:33 PM
They print the items shown when hovering over the star icon when present.
CapedCrusader is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
cpt-safety

Old January 13th, 2014, 06:51 AM
How do I transfer my new staff - created in Editor and saved on my computer - to my character on my iPad?
cpt-safety is offline   #10 Reply With Quote