Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vassago Embrace

Old April 9th, 2017, 05:47 AM
I have been working on unfolding the Dark Dungeon system into Realm Works for about two months. During the last update, when I now open the Realms a message pops up:

"Realm Works has detected structure items with duplicate or reserved names in the realm Dark Dungeons.
In order to perform import, export, or game system conversion, all Categories and Domains in your realm must have unique names which are not reserved by Realm Works. Additionally, all Section Definitions and Snippet Types must have unique names within their Category."

Now, every template that I have created has duplicate names in both their section definitions and snippet types. This basically forces me to start all over again by creating new templates.

Why is wrong to have duplicate names? Where did I fail, what didn't I understand?

Example: If a weapon has six differents ranks of skills (non-proficient, basic, skill, expert, master, grandmaster) and deals different damages if used vs armed opponents or unarmed opponents, it made sense to me to create two sections: one for armed opponents and one for unarmed opponents, and then snippets with the six ranks for each, even if they are getting repeated. Add to this that each rank can have up to four abilities, and therefore Ability1, Ability2, Ability3, Ability4 is repeated many times.

Any insight is welcome.
Vassago Embrace is offline   #1 Reply With Quote