Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old January 1st, 2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The code still gives

Code:
Secondary tagexpr for pick 'trAglaReg' is scheduled after primary condition test is scheduled
(This pick was added from the editor - reloading the game system my fix this problem)
And works no matter what happens, regardless of what race I choose. Human, Half-Elf, Orc, Goliath, etc...
Does reloading the game system resolve this issue? If not, then you may have a timing issue. You could try moving your script to a later time to see if it goes away.
Sendric is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:07 AM
I have tried all of the timings and three or four different numbers in each timing, and there is no change at all.

I have been trying to get this to work for about a week and a half. Getting slightly frustrating. Even more so since this is holding up my work on the faerun feats because most of them are attached to regions and I don't want to work on them until I have their prereqs down.

Attaching File for further review, I have added comments as much as I can for clarity.
Attached Files
File Type: email faerun.user (102.3 KB, 1 views)
TobyFox2002 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
I have tried all of the timings and three or four different numbers in each timing, and there is no change at all.

I have been trying to get this to work for about a week and a half. Getting slightly frustrating. Even more so since this is holding up my work on the faerun feats because most of them are attached to regions and I don't want to work on them until I have their prereqs down.

Attaching File for further review, I have added comments as much as I can for clarity.
Ok. I'll take a look at this as soon as I can. I'm currently waiting on delivery for a new tablet that I will be putting HL on. It's due here tomorrow, but I live in New England, and we're having a massive storm so we'll see. Sorry its been so frustrating.
Sendric is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:44 AM
I'm in New England as well soo yeah.. Know all about it.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:27 PM
Quote:
I'm in New England as well soo yeah.. Know all about it.
Oh hey, it even says so on the side there. I play softball in Andover in the summer. I think its a bit cold for that now, though.
Sendric is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 5th, 2014, 05:32 AM
More trouble, same as the previous code, it works unpredictably. Its really stumping me and I don't think I can continue. I've tried to examine the Authoring Wiki, but it just makes my head spin, without examples and 'non-technical' explanations.

Post-Levels (Users)/5000
Code:
      ~ Calculate our total level - our Kundula level plus any 'extra levels'
      ~ assigned to us
      var level as number
      level = field[xTotalLev].value

~ Assign the Number of times the alternate form is active.
      var dice as string
      if (level > 10) then
        dice = "Alternate Form (1/day)"
      elseif (level > 15) then
        dice = "Alternate Form (3/day)"
      elseif (level > 20) then
        dice = "Alternate Form at Will"
        endif
      field[livename].text = "" & dice & ""

Last edited by TobyFox2002; January 6th, 2014 at 02:09 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Taking a look at this right now. Sorry for the extensive delay.

Update: There's nothing wrong with your code, though I think you would do better to use bootstraps to add languages rather than a script. In any case, from what I can tell, there's something about your file that has gotten corrupted. I saw a note where you had to delete all the old languages and make new ones. I wonder if something happened there. I am going to try to reconstruct this file myself and see if that makes these problems go away.

Last edited by Sendric; January 6th, 2014 at 06:49 AM.
Sendric is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Quote:
"...though I think you would do better to use bootstraps to add languages rather than a script."

Each region has multiple race options, to use bootstraps I'd need to create one trait for EACH race/region combination. Which I would rather not do if I could avoid it.

Quote:
"...I saw a note where you had to delete all the old languages and make new ones."
Yes, I found a source for all of the languages which turned out to be some bogus homebrew creation. So I had to delete all of the languages which leaves me with nearly three dozen orphaned tags. I've tried to delete them but I cant seem to find a way to do so.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Each region has multiple race options, to use bootstraps I'd need to create one trait for EACH race/region combination. Which I would rather not do if I could avoid it.
Not true. Based on your script, you want to assign the character the following languages if they are Human or Half-Elf:

lChessenta
lDamaran
lDraconic

To do this with a bootstrap, you can use the following condition:

Code:
hero#Race.Human | hero#Race.HalfElf
I've already done this on my end and tested it. It works just fine, so assuming that my interpretation of your intentions is correct, you can do this for all of your traits for whatever languages they are supposed to add.

Also, on your pre-req for Aglarond, you can reduce all that code to:

Code:
validif (tagis[Race.Human] + tagis[Race.HalfElf] + tagis[HasTrait.trPFAdopte] <> 0)
Quote:
Yes, I found a source for all of the languages which turned out to be some bogus homebrew creation. So I had to delete all of the languages which leaves me with nearly three dozen orphaned tags. I've tried to delete them but I cant seem to find a way to do so.
I don't get those errors, so in your portfolios, I would recommend deleting the old languages, and then re-adding them. Alternatively, you may try the "Strip Missing Sources" option under "Portfolio" in the menu if it is available.

OK, so I tried to re-create the use file, and I couldn't get rid of the error. So, then I started over, and created a trait called "test". As soon as I add this trait to the portfolio, I get the error. There are no scripts, tags or anything else on this trait. Therefore, I can only conclude that this error is a bug in HL. As frustrating as it is, I think you should just ignore it. The good news is that as a user, you probably won't see it. If you do, it would only be the first time you select it.
Sendric is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Quote:
More trouble, same as the previous code, it works unpredictably. Its really stumping me and I don't think I can continue. I've tried to examine the Authoring Wiki, but it just makes my head spin, without examples and 'non-technical' explanations.

Post-Levels (Users)/5000
Code:
      ~ assigned to us
      var level as number

var dice as string
      if (level > 10) then
        dice = "Alternate Form (1/day)"
      elseif (level > 15) then
        dice = "Alternate Form (3/day)"
      elseif (level > 20) then
        dice = "Alternate Form at Will"
        endif
      field[livename].text = "" & dice & ""
As for this, my guess is you could be doing this too soon. When you want to change the name of something, I find it easiest to run these in the Final Phase. A couple of other things to note is that I think you intend to use ">=" instead of just ">", and I got an error on the field. The line:

Code:
sets "level" equal to the value of xTotalLev on the thing the script is on. That may be your intention, but I wasn't sure, so I changed it on the version I wrote. I also changed who you are modifying the name. I find using variables as a string to have very inconsistent success, so I removed that. Here's what I have:

Final Phase/5000
Code:
      ~ assigned to us
      var level as number
      level = herofield[tTotLevel].value

if (level >= 10) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (1/day)"
      elseif (level >= 15) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (3/day)"
      elseif (level >= 20) then
        field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (at Will)"
      endif
See if that does what you are looking for.
Sendric is offline   #20 Reply With Quote