Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Rasmon

Old November 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Hi All,

I purchased the 4e Hero Lab game system to use with D&D Encounters, because I really like it for Pathfinder. However, I am starting to think HL does not support characters created with the D&D Encounter Character Builder, or at least that I am not familiar enough with HL to make it work.

In the WotC Character Builder, I select Sorcerer (Elementalist), which appears to be the only Sorcerer that the current online Encounters Character Builder supports, and I am presented with a choice of Elemental Specialty options of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water elements. I chose Air, which automatically assigns a power related to Air and gives me the choice of 1 power and I chose Static Charge.

I can't, however, figure out how to replicate the above in HL. I don't see a Sorcerer (Elementalist) for a class and if I select Sorcerer I don't see a Spell Source of Elementalist. I tried selecting each Spell Source, but don't see a way to add Static Charge.

Note: I already used the DDI Downloader and it was successful in downloading everything. When I opened HL after the download, it seemed to think a while and pull in the info, so I think I did that right.

Any suggestions on how I can build this Elementalist in Hero Lab would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rasmon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old November 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM
It would seem that the Monk and Druid classes are in HL but the Sorcerer and Warlock classes are not.
The powers are in HL Editor but are not showing up in the program, I found Blazing Cloud (lvl 1 at will power) listed as "Blazing Cloud (pSorBlaClo).
But I could not find the Build under build options or anywhere with in the Editor.

This is one for the Lone Wolf guys for sure
SAbel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaximusWindu

Old November 10th, 2012, 07:13 PM
You can create the class using the editor.
Just copy the Sorcerer Class and edited it.
Create the Build Options for the Elemental Magic Types.
Bootstrap them to the Elementalist class.

This will give you a basic start at least.

fyi: in my searching of the ddi_classes.dat file from my download of the DDI (downloaded 11/9), the elementalist class is not in it.
MaximusWindu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Rasmon

Old November 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks SAbel & MaximusWindu. I contacted HL support and below was their response:

Quote:
Thanks for your email. Our Downloader is currently not implementing some of the newer classes ilke the Elementalist - this is on our fix list for a future update.
Not sure what Maximus was talking about with bootstraps, but maybe someday I will dig into that if HL doesn't fix it before then.

Thanks!
Rasmon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote