Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Ap0th1x

Old July 11th, 2019, 05:16 AM
Please forgive me if this has already been addressed but I didn't see it when I was looking for an answer.

Are there any plans to allow people with Hero Lab online to export characters from one persons HLO as a xml file or something and then allow another HLO user to import those characters into their copy of HLO?

This would make it much easier as the GM to have copies of all my players characters so I can keep track of them.
Ap0th1x is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vaeron

Old August 1st, 2019, 08:43 PM
I see this was never answered. Does HLO not work with VTTs? That functionally is pretty much the only reason I subscribed.
Vaeron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 2nd, 2019, 11:35 AM
I do believe that GenCon is this weekend, and in the past, they've sometimes needed a week or two to catch up with things, so you may not see an answer to this question for at least a week, if not a little longer.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old August 2nd, 2019, 10:48 PM
When they finally release an export feature, I'll get to work on a web app to convert it for use with Fantasy Grounds.

I've already done this for D&D Beyond, so it shouldn't take more than a couple weeks to get a basic working version.

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old August 3rd, 2019, 02:03 AM
This has been discussed previously as I recall, I have several players who are holding off purchase until this function is in place.
talsharien is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vaeron

Old August 3rd, 2019, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
This has been discussed previously as I recall, I have several players who are holding off purchase until this function is in place.
I will probably stop subscribing HLO until this gets added or at least addressed, I think.
Vaeron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vaeron

Old August 3rd, 2019, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
When they finally release an export feature, I'll get to work on a web app to convert it for use with Fantasy Grounds.

I've already done this for D&D Beyond, so it shouldn't take more than a couple weeks to get a basic working version.

Dave
Nice! That would be awesome.
Vaeron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Hi Vaeron! I apologize for the late reply.
While Hero Lab Online does not yet have VTT integration with any other software or services we are very much keeping this kind of function in mind as we continue to develop the service. Right now we are still working to implement some foundations for the kind of usage that would be needed to properly integrate the service with various current or future partners in the industry, but the functions are still on our road map at this time. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vayne

Old July 14th, 2020, 01:27 PM
What is the status on VTT (Fantasy Grounds or Roll20) integration as well as a simple import/export option? Ive been a subscriber for over a year waiting for these features.
Vayne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2020, 12:13 AM
Please see these two threads:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64521
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64028
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote