Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

TCArknight

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I'm also working on a couple of other Eberron feats.... However, I'm at a loss how to get them working. Any suggestions?

Here are the Basics:

Monastic Training - Choose a class. Levels taken in this class do not prevent you from taking monk levels. Also, a Monk character can take this as one of their bonus feats at 1st, 2nd, or 6th level.

Tashalatora - Prereq of Monastic Training in a Psionic class. Levels taken in this class add its levels to Monk levels for the purpose of Monk AC, Flurry of Blows, and Unarmed Damage
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2009, 08:57 AM
The first step is to figure out how HL prevents you from multiclassing back into monk. So, add a level of monk, and look for any tags that seem appropriate. Go to the develop menu, make sure "enable data file debugging" is checked at the top, then go to "floating info windows" "show selection tags", then find Monk in that list. You'll find that for classes in d20, there is one class helper, which will always start with "cHelp", and one class level per level. Everything but the HD and skill points is on the class helper, so you want to look at its tags.

Now, look through that list until you've found the tag that prevents multiclassing, which is Helper.NoMultiAdv. So, what we'll need to do is delete Helper.NoMultiAdv

Here's the simple delete statement:
Code:
perform hero.childfound[cHelpMnk].delete[Helper.NoMultiAdv]
Run that early on (UserFirst, 100 should be fine), and monks can now multiclass freely.

Now, for your feat, you'll have set "Select From" to "Classes", so, in yuor script, you'll want to start by going to any other feat that has a selector, and borrow some code.

From spell focus:

Code:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
if (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0) then
done
endif
call fTargetFoc
if (state.isfocus = 0) then
done
endif
what that does is that it calls the procedure fTargetFoc, which sets the focus equal to the thing that the user has selected. Then, if nothing has been selected, the done statement exits the script.

Now to check what classes we have:

Code:

var class as string
class = "Classes." & focus.idstring

if (hero.tagcountstr[class] + #levelcount[cMonk] = #totallevelcount[] - tagcount[Classes.Template] - tagcount [Classes.Race]) then
  perform hero.childfound[cHelpMnk].delete[Helper.NoMultiAdv]
  endif
What's happening in all that complexity:
First, since we don't know what class was taken, we'll get it's id, and create the right sort of string to search with. "Classes.cFighter" might be a string that was placed into our class variable. Next, add the levels in that class to our monk levels, and see if they're equal to our total level (minus any template or racial levels we might have) - if they're equal, we can't have taken a third class, and we're okay to multiclass.

Oh boy. I just thought my logic through further. It is legal to have a third class, if it was taken before monk was, or if the feat was taken twice. At this point, figuring out how to allow those would take hours. Just go back to the top of this post, get the one line delete statement. All this feat will do is allow monks to multiclass freely. That's close enough.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Allowing a feat to be taken as a monk bonus feat - that's easy. Go to the editor, copy a feat which is a monk bonus feat (stunning fist for example), and go to the button that says "Bonus Feat For..." You'll see options for all three monk levels.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2009, 09:00 AM
The tashaltora feat - what's the difference between it and the psion/monk crossover feat you ask about in your other post?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old March 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
There definitely is a similarity.

Tashalatora has a prereq of Monastic Training in a Psionic class, and that class adds it's levels to Monk for Monk AC, Flurry of Blows attacks and Unarmed Damage.

I can let it choose a class, but can't figure out how to determine if a pasi class was chosen from Monastic training. I figure if I can do that, then adding the levels is easy...
TCArknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Well, as I mentioned earlier, choosing a class to go with the Monastic Training feat seems to be more trouble than it's worth, so for this feat, why not skip that? Select the class to add on this feat, and you're good.

use that same focus thing I showed you earlier, then:

var bonus as number
bonus = focus.field[xTotalLev].value

So, bonus = the levels in the class you've selected. I know from your other thread that you know how to add levels to a special.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote